LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Has anyone had issues with lug nuts fitting on after market wheels?

1) The face of the lug nuts must match the shape of the seating areas on the wheel flanges: conical (OE), hemispherical, or flat. You can't just mix and match.

2) If the center flanges of the aftermarket wheels are thinner than the stock wheels, the closed-end OE lug nuts may bottom out on the stud (internally) before before reaching full "tightness" on the wheel flange. This is bad ... as in unsafe. (That is why Subaru specifies different lug nuts for OE steel wheels vs. OE alloy wheels. The flanges of the steel wheels are thinner.)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Has anyone had issues with lug nuts fitting on after market wheels?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You're trying to use the stock lug nuts on aftermarket wheels? That will seldom work, because the stock nuts use a very large hex, and/or have some sort of flange that will not allow the nut to fit inside the counterbored holes of the wheels. Companies like McGard and Gorilla make lug nuts for "custom" applications.

The pipe where your MAF is seems quite a bit larger than stock. i bet your fuel trims are all kinds of screwy.

I bet it sounds cool, though

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Ok so I figured out how to post pics... had to download that tapatalk app... my 19 sport... did the flaps and window vents myself... also the intake and exhaust.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Can you share where you got the flaps and how you did it? I need to put some on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pipe where your MAF is seems quite a bit larger than stock. i bet your fuel trims are all kinds of screwy.

I bet it sounds cool, though

If he bought the one for a 2.5 it should be fine.. My friend tried putting a 3.6r kit on s 2.5 and kept blowing check engine light..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If he bought the one for a 2.5 it should be fine.. My friend tried putting a 3.6r kit on s 2.5 and kept blowing check engine light..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hopefully he provides some honest feedback.

Regardless, the fuel trims will likely be beyond where I would want them, bases simply on the geometry change.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Hopefully he provides some honest feedback.

Regardless, the fuel trims will likely be beyond where I would want them, bases simply on the geometry change.

Car runs fine if you do it right... much more power and acceleration than stock. If you disconnect the battery before unplugging the MAF and do the Subaru idle relearn method, you will have no problems whatsoever.

Can you share where you got the flaps and how you did it? I need to put some on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're Rally Armor UR flaps, they come with instructions... didn't even have to pull the wheels! They're about $145 ish for the set of 4.