LegacyGT.com

Competition clutch throw out bearing does not fit??

specialB

Soo I got a replacement clutch disc, pressure plate and TOB for my 5mt and all went smooth until I tried to slide on the new TOB and it won't fit. I measure the inside diameter of the old TOB at 1-3/8" and the new one at 1-5/16", just 1/16" smaller, enough for it to not slide on...what gives?

I called CC and they went into the warehouse and measured the ID of all their bearings the same.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW

• 5 months later...

i am having the same issue too, my question is is it ok to use the TSK3 TOB with my Competition Stage 2 clutch kit?

my local car shop who helped me install it said it will be fine,

but when i asked competition customer service they said there will be a big problem due to the 2 TOB have a big different in "Stack Height".....

and they said

"Yes the only solution at this time is to replace it with the TOB meant for the kit. The TSK3 throw out bearing is a completely different stack height and isn’t meant to work with our clutch kit. It will be operational for a bit but if he continues to drive with the bearing that is presently in the vehicle it will fail.

As of right now we do not have any TOB that will fit onto his modified shaft, so I cannot recommend what can be done to fix it at this time. We are working on finding an alternative but it will take some time as our engineering department is out for another week. At this time I would recommend the customer to remove the kit and check the bearing collar to see if it can be fixed to run the bearing meant to run with the CCI clutch kit."

so is it ok to keep driving my car or not... i am so worried :spin::spin::spin:

Archived