LegacyGT.com

**Official** Mid-Atlantic FS and WTB/WTT Thread!

LegacyGTBiggie

Hi. I'm looking for pricing opinions here, and maybe generating some leads; I'm 99% going to sell my modded 06 Spec B with about 157K miles on it. The car is mechanically excellent, engine is very strong, and has had all the service/maintenance done. It has been modded as follows:

SPT exhaust

K&N intake

Perrin Top mount

Cobb catted downpipe

Turboxs uppipe

Cusco rear sway

cusco h brace

Swift springs

Cobb Accessport tuned to approx 300hp/300ftlbs

JL CleanSweep

Alpine 4ch amp and MBQuart Speakers all around

Apline amp and Eclipse 12 Inch sub

Grey Rota Torque2 with newer Conti DWS

STi Brembos with new pads and rotors up front

My wife's been the primary driver for a few years, mostly using it for trips back and forth to NJ; she just changed jobs so we're looking at other options. The car's been dead reliable, fun, and generally great to own. I've done minor maintenance myself (fluid changes, brakes), and DPS has done larger stuff like installing a WRX clutch and flywheel and the timing belt/water pump.

Cosmetically the car's OK - it's not a new car after all, and it's been well loved but it's not perfect.

I know I could part it out and probably make more $$, but I'd rather see it go as-is to an enthusiast. And quite frankly I don't want to have to wrench when I've got kids vying for my attention.

I'd appreciate any feedback on suggested pricing, or even interest if anyone out there wants to ping me. I am on the boards occasionally but email at hamburger1971 at g mail is the best way to reach me.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Likey $8.5-$9K is realistic for Northern Subaru Legacy GT/SB...not sure where you're located, but trips to NJ, especially in winter, qualifies :).

And, FWIW, this is okay to solicit feedback but you'll need to post it in the Cars For Sale sub-forum and include the full template and pictures required by that forum's rules (posted at the top of the CFS s-f). Remember to load ready-for-sale interior and exterior photos to the site's server - linked photos are not permitted in our Marketplace.

GLWYS.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Catless on wagon always pulled exhaust in from the rear. It's better now that I'm using the Grimmspeed catted downpipe.

You can get a CNT for cheap or the best solution would be a top quality catless pipe with a GESI OBDII EPA registered high flow converter welded in.

Yes please talk about issues lol I'm debating on which downpipe to buy. Catted or catless. I wanna be cheap lol especially since I just ordered a process west TMIC.

Catless is the way to go in my opinion... on the other hand you should send that process west intercooler back and pick up a grimmspeed one... much much nicer if you ask me!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Catless is the way to go in my opinion... on the other hand you should send that process west intercooler back and pick up a grimmspeed one... much much nicer if you ask me!

Haha yeah Grimmspeed is the way to go thanks!! I did more research. Must nicer and it has the hood scoop splitter for the legacy. Whereas the process west does not. Yeah I'm leaning for catless. And a tune to rid my self of those annoying CELs

• I Donated
I had catless on my 05. I would not go catless on a daily driver. Period. It was a mistake for me to do it, hence why I switched to catted. Too much smell, especially when backing up, and it's especially dangerous if you park in a garage that's attached to your house.

Dang haha it's currently my daily. But I don't have a garage yet. The smell is that over whelming?

I had catless on my wrx and my sti, and I never even noticed the smell. Unless its different on the legacy, I dont really understand where people smell it that much. But to each their own I guess! Plus catless is much much cheaper if you have an accessport you dont have to worry about cels or anything here in maryland emission wise. Other states are a bit more strict about it though

Edit also your tune might have something to do with the smell.. if its a rich tune, then you may smell it more than a not so rich tune.

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I had catless on my wrx and my sti, and I never even noticed the smell. Unless its different on the legacy, I dont really understand where people smell it that much. But to each their own I guess! Plus catless is much much cheaper if you have an accessport you dont have to worry about cels or anything here in maryland emission wise. Other states are a bit more strict about it though

Edit also your tune might have something to do with the smell.. if its a rich tune, then you may smell it more than a not so rich tune.

I do have an accessport and I'm not worried about emissions haha. I think I'll be fine. If anyone asks about the smell I'll tell them race car lol

Wouldn't go catless on a wagon. Even catted with a high-density performance cat, the rich smell is pretty dominant, especially at idle.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -