LegacyGT.com

2020 Outback off-road video!

IcEWoLF

Notice they used momentum for the entire video. They never once stopped going up a hill, because the CVT will again limit this new batch of Subarus. It'd be super capable if it had a traditional auto trans.

Notice they used momentum for the entire video. They never once stopped going up a hill, because the CVT will again limit this new batch of Subarus. It'd be super capable if it had a traditional auto trans.

It's not the gearbox that makes the difference it's the lack or presence of the transmission after the gearbox that makes more of a difference. The software that engages the brakes to catch slip isn't as good as good mechanical diffs.

Add to it the traction control system that pulls the power whenever you actually need to put down more power to chew through mud or snow.

453747.png

Was impressed by a guy who has been posting videos of his new Passport.

He's out west and going out on runs with a bunch a Subarus. The Passport definitely does much better in crawling situations than Subaru

• 2 weeks later...
Was impressed by a guy who has been posting videos of his new Passport.

He's out west and going out on runs with a bunch a Subarus. The Passport definitely does much better in crawling situations than Subaru

Do you know if the the Passport AWD exactly the same as the Pilot's or has been tweaked a bit? General articles make it seem like it's the same, but the details like this usually are found on user forums (which I haven't bothered reading through yet).

Pilot's AWD seems good but still is re-active at the end of the day.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Do you know if the the Passport AWD exactly the same as the Pilot's or has been tweaked a bit? General articles make it seem like it's the same, but the details like this usually are found on user forums (which I haven't bothered reading through yet).

Pilot's AWD seems good but still is re-active at the end of the day.

No Idea, if you search for you'll find the guy. He goes into all the detail about ratios etc..

I sat in a Passport and it was enough for me. I'll wait til they don't sell and the price comes down. For the money, there is no value in a Passport.