LegacyGT.com

R1 Concepts Brake Kits

I'm not thinking of adding a big brake kit or anything. I just need new front rotors and since the package deals are reasonable I thought I would buy.

I do know not all brakes are made equal, I guess I am hoping they are better than stock for a DD car.

You can get front and rear pads, rotors and hardware kit by PowerStop on RockAuto for around $350. That's pretty cheap for slotted and drilled rotors and decent pads. I've never used R1 but I have used the Powerstops on quite a few cars including on the rear of my car. They've been on the car for 3+ years now and still look good and perform well. My front brakes still have 50% but I plan on buying that kit because it's so cheap for pretty good brakes and so my front rotors finally match the rear.

I have the complete R1 Concepts kit on my SVX. For a car that is notorious for soft braking performance, it stops on a dime. Carbon pads and slotted/drilled/vented in the front and slotted/drilled in the rear. I love them. My Outback has PowerStop Carbon Ceramic front pads and slotted/drilled/vented rotors, near equal braking performance as my SVX.

I have the complete R1 Concepts kit on my SVX. For a car that is notorious for soft braking performance, it stops on a dime. Carbon pads and slotted/drilled/vented in the front and slotted/drilled in the rear. I love them. My Outback has PowerStop Carbon Ceramic front pads and slotted/drilled/vented rotors, near equal braking performance as my SVX.

When you say "kit" you are saying replaced with a pad and rotor setup ($250) and not the big brake kits they have ($1800), correct?

When you say "kit" you are saying replaced with a pad and rotor setup ($250) and not the big brake kits they have ($1800), correct?

Yes and no. When I upgraded the brakes on my SVX, they didn't have the big brake kit available they were just "Coming Soon", not to mention it's about 4 times what I paid for the car. When I ordered my R1 kit, two years ago, they had the whole kit (pads, rotors, calipers, and hardware) for around $600. I also upgraded to steel brake lines from a WRX to accompany the calipers. I don't see their caliper upgrade kit anymore on their website, so maybe they're going with just the big brake upgrades now.

Archived