LegacyGT.com

OEM (Ford) LED Fog Lights

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our only glass option is the JDM multi-coat fog lights, all USDM fogs are polycarbonate plastic.
Mine are definitely glass I double checked, and the TYC replacements I have also have a glass lens. 1e4afc0b987652993f7b3727d5870434.jpgc272e77a1b380c44c1181391d82d746a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Since TYC clones are available for our factory foglights (super super cheap at that), is there any reason a TYC clone of the Mustang LED housing should have any trouble fitting? Already checked RockAuto, a pair of the TYC clones of them can be had for right around $100.

Mine are definitely glass I double checked, and the TYC replacements I have also have a glass lens. 1e4afc0b987652993f7b3727d5870434.jpgc272e77a1b380c44c1181391d82d746a.jpg

When was the last time the US FMVSS allowed glass to be used for any forward facing light on any car authorized for sale within the US? I would put that somewhere in the 1980's. I guarantee, it's not glass.

Ford fusion projector fogs have a glass lens. Any projectors always have glass lenses, of course ones inside a headlight housing are behind plastic but fogs are usually open to the elements.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

When was the last time the US FMVSS allowed glass to be used for any forward facing light on any car authorized for sale within the US? I would put that somewhere in the 1980's. I guarantee, it's not glass.
Can you point me to that regulation. There were more than a few subies with glass fogs in the early 2000s and late 90s. I also believe glass sealed beams were available well into the 2000s.

I don't know what the cost on the fords is, but I use these... they are awesome. It could be an option for you guys.

Morimoto subaru led fog lights

https://www.prolightz.com/subaru/impreza-wrx-sti/2018-sti/fog-lights/subaru-morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights.html

i'm sure you guys could find a morimoto supplier State side, the link is for a Canadian company that supplies most of my light upgrades.

@spidermanMTL

Do the Morimoto lights in your link have the H11/H16 input with the correct plug?

It's hard to tell from the photos vs what my harness is on the 2013 (in the photos in my post above)

The benefits of the Morimoto seem to be:

slightly cheaper than OEM Ford

some sellers will pre-install the Laminx for $20

seems like a better warranty

The Morimoto Type S (for Subaru) got terrible reviews on Amazon, for poor quality, loose internal parts, aiming screw issues, etc.

Now I'm stuck.

I'm ready to buy a pair, and add Laminx clear.

But do I go with OEM Ford LED's or the Morimoto?

If price isn't the concern, what is everyone's thoughts?

And where is the best place to buy the clear Laminx for these? (if I do it myself)

Can you point me to that regulation. There were more than a few subies with glass fogs in the early 2000s and late 90s. I also believe glass sealed beams were available well into the 2000s.

my 03 are glass as well

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232258463660

My friend sells it online too.

If you guys want, I can see if he's willing to offer discount for forum member.

(Like a coupon code for our inner circle)

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

The Morimoto Type S (for Subaru) got terrible reviews on Amazon, for poor quality, loose internal parts, aiming screw issues, etc.

Now I'm stuck.

I'm ready to buy a pair, and add Laminx clear.

But do I go with OEM Ford LED's or the Morimoto?

If price isn't the concern, what is everyone's thoughts?

And where is the best place to buy the clear Laminx for these? (if I do it myself)

This is exactly why I was so excited about an OEM option. I was having heartburn dropping that kind of cash on the Morimotos.

I ordered the overlays directly from Lamin-X. They were super easy to install and only too a few minutes. I was very happy with the results.

I had to get these

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/assemblies/led-fog-lights/subaru-gr-wrx-morimoto-xb-led.html

Since mine is non-North American car. No issues with quality, screws were fine, no issues with loose-ness. But, not surprised they weren't up to OEM quality. Sadly I don't know of any OE LED fogs that are of that "GR WRX" type :(.

Guy who owns Morimoto owns TRS as far as I know.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their input! That's what great about this forum. There is a great willingness to help and share information and opinions.

I have a friend that works at a Lincoln dealership and can get me the OEM Ford lights for about $100 each. So $200 total plus tax and I pick up locally.

I just ordered the Lamin-x film direct from the Lamin-x website, and they have a 20% off special. They didn't list the 2013 Legacy so I ordered the clear film for the 2015 Mustang Fogs. $14.95 - 20%, plus $3 shipping came right around... $14.

I'm excited to have fog lights that will be useful again, and not a yellowie-cloudy hazy dim glow.

I had to get these

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/assemblies/led-fog-lights/subaru-gr-wrx-morimoto-xb-led.html

Since mine is non-North American car. No issues with quality, screws were fine, no issues with loose-ness. But, not surprised they weren't up to OEM quality. Sadly I don't know of any OE LED fogs that are of that "GR WRX" type :(.

Guy who owns Morimoto owns TRS as far as I know.

I had to get these too. Damn JDM A-C type front end ;)

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Can someone do a video maybe the color will be more true to life. I am on the fence I would love the LEDs especially with the cost of replacement bulbs.
Still looks a little green because of the camera, but it is most definitely not in real life. When I put the camera in the beam, that's the color. It's very white, not bluish at all. Probably right around 5000k to 5500k. I don't like bluish LEDs and I am very happy with these.

http://youtu.be/IkPm0vKZnFQ

Edited by GTEASER