LegacyGT.com

Show Us Pics of Your 5th Gen as It Sits!! V-2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had ol girls legs in the air all weekend!

Wife was gone for the long weekend and I had a long list of stuff to do before Dyno day Saturday.

Dropped the turbo, welded O2 bung, fog lights, wiring, bpv, and ran the cabin wires for O2.

I need to do plugs but no local shops had them in stock. I ordered them, guess I'll try this Friday.a57407e5acfb5497886c50d59a48f0a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Holllllllllllld up. I wanna talk about that wing. What is that from exactly?
You probably gonna hate me but i was able to retro fit that wing from 08 Acura TL and i was able to double tape that instead of making holes in the trunk lid. The most that I like about it, that it repeats the curvature of the trunk, however it doesn't have the third brake light...kinda sucks

e34baec279f9fd8310d31798609c0205.jpg

Edited by NYCEMS

You probably gonna hate me but i was able to retro fit that wing from 08 Acura TL and i was able to double tape that instead of making holes in the trunk lid. The most that I like about it, that it repeats the curvature of the trunk, however it doesn't have the third brake light...kinda sucks

e34baec279f9fd8310d31798609c0205.jpg

Looks like the 5th gens have another option for spoilers now.

Yeah, no hate here. An interesting solution the appears to work pretty well. If I didn't know 5th gens as well as I do, it could've fooled me into thinking it was an OEM spoiler.

I say that while I'm over here planning to eventually make this a thing. :lol:

nV1WxYL.png

Just rubbing it in a little ;) January 18th today..... got up and went to the golf course, played 18 holes then came home and washed the car...... 13* C (About 56 F) If it gets any warmer I may have to mow the lawn. Oh yeah....and Scooby Too spent most of the day working in her gardens getting ready for spring!!

r2iJQ3O.jpg

Gotta love winter in the Pacific Northwest :):)

Edited by Scooby Fan

...I was able to get a lot of things off of it but not sure ill have a chance to get major parts off...
It's been my experience that as long as you have the stock parts to replace them, the insurance company doesn't care if you take off aftermarket parts. I took all sorts of stuff off my old WRX with their blessing - as long as the car was whole when they dragged if off, they didn't care. I just had to go to the body shop and tear it down (unmarry the AP, take off parts, etc.)

whit, how are you liking the H&R/Koni setup?

Joe, thanks to you and a few others for talking me into it, absolute best setup for the 5th gen. While I haven’t experienced any other combos besides a set of BC coilovers, these are super comfortable for New England driving and drop the car to a perfect height all the way around. I’m still on the softest setting but will prob go a 1/2 turn up front to dial them in. Koni and H&R all day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wrxwhit

I had quickly washed my car on Saturday but it had gotten dirty again from the wet roads on Monday and Tuesday. We had a really heavy rain on Tuesday and it washed my car off. (Usually rain doesn’t clean my cars off, but even my rear bumper was clean). Anyways I thought it looked neat and it nice to see the water still beading on my car even though the last time I waxed it was in September. I am probably should have just taken a close up of the water beading.

IMG_2494.thumb.JPG.dc75ac33041b48a8b8ddccca9818ea65.JPG

Edited by dgoodhue