LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's got a pretty nice rounded edge on the leading side. Just really hard to get a good picture of it. I had NO sweet spot at all. the flapper could only open like 1/4" maybe. Tried orienting it forward or back, didnt seem to make a difference, still using stock studs as well.

It's got a pretty nice rounded edge on the leading side. Just really hard to get a good picture of it. I had NO sweet spot at all. the flapper could only open like 1/4" maybe. Tried orienting it forward or back, didnt seem to make a difference, still using stock studs as well.
See, that's what I'm not liking. I'm about to add in an O2 bung on mine since it's already installed and thought about just removing the DP this time but I'm concerned about not finding that spot again when I put it back and end up having to take the whole thing off just to get it situated again. I would say some more about my dissatisfaction but I think it's been covered.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that on a cold morning last week, maybe 35* out, my Fozz overboosted to 17.4 psi on the custom Stage1 tune that is targeted at 16. Stock TD04 turbo, stock catted DP, 2016 WRX OEM midpipe with Vibrant resonator and Nameless 5" muffled axlebacks.

I have heard of other stock IHI turbos overboosting too, and now I have personal evidence. The TD04 is a tiny turbo, I just think that the overboost situation is more apparent and harder to control with the VF54.

Would it be safe to say that the Nameless downpipe performs just as well/ on par as other aftermarket catted down-pipes (regardless of what Nameless promised us and it's high price)

if so, I'm fine with this. It's been sitting for awhile now and I've had urges to finally get the damn thing on haha.

I think if you have a full exhaust you will get the most out of it, but don't expect to be amazed. You might also go ahead and port your exhaust housing if you haven't already.

I am really thinking of getting the stock mufflers off right now...but I would probably need another retune. Then I was thinking I could change the timing belt, get some sti cams, and do the mufflers and get a retune...just rabbit hole after rabbit hole with this car.

I also have it in the back of my mind to find a short block to build in my spare time, which is in the negatives right now...so much enabling to catch up with.

That would be awesome. I would definitely add a turbo though. No snail no bueno. This is all a long way down the road, but I am sure my engine will blow up eventually.
Or a 3.0 you can build it with sti rods and pistons iirc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What's up with all this spare block noise? Someone build a Super Gramps 5th Gen god damnit!

Do you care to make a donation to the effort in a large sum? I'll get right on that with the appropriate motivation. :cool:

That would be awesome. I would definitely add a turbo though. No snail no bueno. This is all a long way down the road, but I am sure my engine will blow up eventually.
Why not twins? I mean it is almost 2018, anything with 2 headers has twins now. Of course I know how impractical it really is especially considering the stock space issues with the 3.6

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to bump this again but just letting you guys know I put down a deposit for my community's group tune at revworks/M-tune next Saturday. Between then I'm going to get this O2 bung welded in, nameless bpv on, and AEM dry flow in. So soon, we'll see what this thing is made of and if porting helped.

• 2 weeks later...

...so here are my final dyno numbers, 278whp and 350wtq. My tuner didn't make mention of any boost creep issues, so hopefully it stays that way. I'm hoping this will be a hoot to drive.

Installed:

• AEM Dryflow air filter
  • Samco inlet hoses
  • AVO charge pipe
  • GFB Mach II diverter valve
  • Grimmspeed 3-port ECBS
  • Grimmspeed TMIC
  • Ported wastegate
  • Nameless 3" downpipe
  • Invidia 3" cat-back exhaust

tUQpncEsN3e66UQbl8pCPmScz2YjuzUUbFRdOnmYVxJ9gnToqlF3181ifZsJX-ecpetA6la8iYCYxusApa8P3m9oBbKZGy0EmEe_FNE4vEcVEGA_lTlZKZG_9XfyZQARqIur6xzjK1EM3bKOrwcGjnAXRTPs621HBlX6VtBth0FHyo96b9ki2hn_mp5Ih42BTxEb-GRKofZbbacggkT1ddm19bC-b7Wh5kp8hOcPAcfKKn43A1l1vP95l_vq4OeBAmXY3oazZqiVdjJP8T8UwcXRNFS0Xo91mYlPX1BgBb-WzUdVtwtEU3PkWB5JDXNm9QyQ09_wlIrxBha46uLd9BU5Qbeiko6Qlq4MI5YLd0vD8SDAlxbTfkoRoMd3c59qHu_Q5-49UvV2TJAOIUnFACYmAqMfCe3Y74U4IdeA8CwABLvmqyWT3aYEK9a-p8TqE13tWs9tqriWG7wU6g3Ish1YGzSdAslh5XrhDiA06f_9gz526b9-NLl8hB8Jmn4i2KfcyoYRgvEuBCsdjvJmU0iEpAGhERBbqAifs6886WGxKQ92a41WxGQzNiYHcvyTXKkRx6BbGPdxwBVrSRFas0rbdnLieh7hnSYkpNEIY1o5706VXj7kTTpunhyA6e25kJ1X_HFFivjYcZ9njwMarypCZUxF_AZ98g=w1294-h556-no

Edited by Syndicate

Like ass! I was a victim of the nameless dp. I'll try and keep it short and sweet. Had a few boost issues. First they installed the GS ebc backwards, caused it to spool poorly, fixed that, then they did a smoke test because spool was still off, found a boost leak on the intake side of the intercooler. Fixed that.

Then after while it would intermittently spool perfectly then spool like shit. Spent hours with the tuner trying to figure out what's going on and why I was peaking at 7 psi at some points and 18 at another. Long story short, the internal waste gate was getting hung on top of the dp's inlet from heat expansion. By that time it was late and about time to close.

When I took that thing off prior to the tune date, I manually operated the flap for a good 2 minutes very carefully listening and feeling if it was touching. It wasn't, not until it heats up to a point I guess.

So I have to take it off again and make sure it stops doing that. They cut me a break and said I can come back when it's resolved and complete the tune.

We had the car on the lift, put some pressurized air in there and could barely just make out the arm sometimes binding and not. I am so upset with this piece. It's a big waste of time for a lot of people. It seems more like luck getting it in the perfect sweet spot than just following directions for an install. But we've discussed this all through this thread so there's no point in going back into it.

I am going to get it into position or trim that lip or something. I'm going to get this to work. I intend on making my way back there early to mid February.

Like ass! I was a victim of the nameless dp. I'll try and keep it short and sweet. Had a few boost issues. First they installed the GS ebc backwards, caused it to spool poorly, fixed that, then they did a smoke test because spool was still off, found a boost leak on the intake side of the intercooler. Fixed that.

Then after while it would intermittently spool perfectly then spool like shit. Spent hours with the tuner trying to figure out what's going on and why I was peaking at 7 psi at some points and 18 at another. Long story short, the internal waste gate was getting hung on top of the dp's inlet from heat expansion. By that time it was late and about time to close.

When I took that thing off prior to the tune date, I manually operated the flap for a good 2 minutes very carefully listening and feeling if it was touching. It wasn't, not until it heats up to a point I guess.

So I have to take it off again and make sure it stops doing that. They cut me a break and said I can come back when it's resolved and complete the tune.

We had the car on the lift, put some pressurized air in there and could barely just make out the arm sometimes binding and not. I am so upset with this piece. It's a big waste of time for a lot of people. It seems more like luck getting it in the perfect sweet spot than just following directions for an install. But we've discussed this all through this thread so there's no point in going back into it.

I am going to get it into position or trim that lip or something. I'm going to get this to work. I intend on making my way back there early to mid February.

I smacked the side of the pipe with the hammer to make a slight flat spot right where the arm and flapper come open. I have had no issues with it. Kind of sucks but there is plenty of space inside the pipe for the turbine outlet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk