LegacyGT.com

Portland, OR

jcole05

CAR IS SOLD. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR INTEREST

Forgive duplicate post in 2005-2009 (parts only??) thread...haven't been here in a while

2005 Subaru Legacy GT LTD with <100K total miles. A great way to see my car is via this blog from PRE in Portland Oregon -(https://www.preracing.com/articles/turbo-showdown).

For this particular blog post / project, PRE mounted 9 different stock location turbos and tried various conditions to determine the best combo of spool up and power (this car was my DD for over 10 years); the winner by far was the Blouch 1.5XTR with a 10CM housing.

Dyno proven to produce over 470 wHP and 470 wTQ (472.8/472.0) on E85; please see the blog for many more details.

New engine build to handle this power; these parts have only ~10K miles on it. Specifically:

CP 9.0:1 forged pistons

Manley H-beam rods

Manley 37mm intake valves

Manley 33mm exhaust valves

Manley springs and retainer kit

GSC s1 cams

In addition:

Extensive headwork was done to assist with power goals

Tomioka Racing Unequal Length Header

ETS FMIC kit

Tomioka Racing turbo inlet tube

TGV deletes

700whp fuel system

K&N 2.75” intake

Cobb access port - speed density tuning

Performance Radiator (forgotten brand)

Carbon Fiber drive shaft

6 speed transmission swap (2008 Spec B I think...first used one was a dud so I lost some cash there)

Lightweight flywheel

Clutch Masters FX350 clutch

Whiteline sway bar end links

Engine block heater

Cobb CBE with midpipe resonator

Hotchki sway bars

Dash mounted AFR and boost monitors

External wastegate (forgotten brand).

And more….I’ve spent so much over so many years I’m forgetting things. For example it has a common (at the time) workaround to allow an aux-in using a 3.5mm jack but I don’t recall the name of the guy who nicely made these for those of us with the last LGT model year lacking an aux-in jack. However, beyond the basics I freely admit I went for acceleration / power and only did minimal upgrades for handling (sways, better pads, etc.).

Like for many of us, this car was a labor of love. I know I'm going to lose like 75K in selling but it is time. Would let it go very cheaply because, while the only active issue of which I'm aware is the fact the battery needs replacement, it has not been driven a lot for the last 3-4 years. I'd be so happy if an enthusiast wanted to keep her alive and running!

Thanks for looking!

Edited by jcole05
more info

Hey bud. I remember you from the old days - glad you're still around.

Mileage is definitely under 100K - need to jump the car to see exact. It was driven as my DD forever and even went cross country but my commute was never long; thus low mileage.

Pics are not an issue but wanted to see if there was any interest first. They'll show a car which needs a good cleaning but which is in surprisingly good shape for its age (only a few small body dings). Never been in any sort of dust-up / accident.

Price....??? Don't even know what to ask. It's worth a decent bit in parts IF anyone is still building up the 4th gens. I'm under some time pressure though so I'd let it go cheap (well under 5K) especially to the right buyer.

Got the CF drive shaft from PRE (they had it made from somewhere across the river in SW WA...I can look at the receipt). Had a good job back then lol.

Having trouble with getting size correct on many of the iphone shots I took. Here are a couple though. At least you can see the basic outside of the car plus the cubby gauges, etc.

More to come!

Justin

2102548427_IMG_2034(2).thumb.JPG.95ab32ac0d5284267ee742cb5d501603.JPG

1335361831_IMG_2037(2).thumb.JPG.b9422820004529082856097ac73e20ee.JPG

975171602_IMG_2041(2).thumb.JPG.18f4c577259aa0134fbd89057cd40fe3.JPG

Mileage a bit lower than I thought. So a bit under 95K. Just wanted to demonstrate things working once I got the juice back. Glare kinda blocks my cubby boost and AFR gauges but hopefully you can basically tell what's up.

By the way, very willing to discuss everything I know about the car; bottom line is it has to go before we move across the country in a few weeks. So I'd take 2-3K.

819613497_IMG_2044(2).thumb.JPG.1f1a8fb76c4daf756dd02df3394aaf94.JPG

813880126_IMG_2043(2).thumb.JPG.58970a828208202958b779f8ffcb3f8b.JPG

Edited by jcole05
more info