LegacyGT.com

2009 legacy 2.5i exhaust help

any axle-back exhaust listed for the 2.5GT will fit your 2.5i.

IMO 2.5i sound like crap with a loud exhaust, but you do what you want.

ok thanks i just wanted something a little louder but not too loud. will any of the catback exhausts listed for the gt fit on the 2.5i?

There is no quite exhaust available despite manufacturers continuing to use cute names like the HKS Silent.

Those with turbos get the added benefit of the turbo slightly decreasing the volume of the exhaust when spoiling.

With an NA motor it's always going to be loud and won't give you the Subaru worble you think of due to having equal length headers.

My suggestion would be to delete your snorkus and just get your kicks from hearing the engine sound rather then the exhaust

UEL headers are not going to help an NA car. the power loss is not worth the sound change, you would need a lot of supporting mods to regain what is lost.

as a side note EL headers can sound pretty awesome!

Couldnt find the specific clip I wanted, but this one works.

UEL headers are not going to help an NA car. the power loss is not worth the sound change, you would need a lot of supporting mods to regain what is lost.

When Rallisport Racing was making 2.5i UEL headers, they gained a tiny bit of power. Even if it lost some, it wouldn’t be enough to notice on a stock engine.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

ok thanks i just wanted something a little louder but not too loud. will any of the catback exhausts listed for the gt fit on the 2.5i?

How much are you looking to spend? You have several options.

How much are you looking to spend? You have several options.

I don't have that big of a budget.. I'm still in school and doing sports so money is a little slim at the current moment

The 2.5i specific UEL headers are expensive. You could make a 2.5rs style header and cat section work for pretty cheap. Then just add some mufflers and you’d be set. No reason to replace the entire system really

The 2.5i specific UEL headers are expensive. You could make a 2.5rs style header and cat section work for pretty cheap. Then just add some mufflers and you’d be set. No reason to replace the entire system really

How can I do this?

Go on eBay and buy a 2.5RS cheap header, and many sites sell replacement cat sections. A bit over $100 each

now would this bolt up or would i need to weld this or something.. plus would equal length be better or unequal length?

now would this bolt up or would i need to weld this or something.. plus would equal length be better or unequal length?

It could, eBay is a crap shoot with parts. Sometimes everything works out perfectly other times the manufacturing is so shoddy that fitment is an impossibility.

Not to deter you, eBay has a great return policy these days.

However, it is important to remember that when it comes to car parts, you get what you pay for.

Go on eBay and buy a 2.5RS cheap header, and many sites sell replacement cat sections. A bit over $100 each

plus would there be a specific year header i should look for that would fit better?

Archived