LegacyGT.com

$59 Throttle Booster on AliExpress

So, I watched a ton of youtube videos on the $300 Pedal Commander and was about to buy one... checked AE and found this one for $50 with a coupon.

In a word (or 3) I love it.

It doesn't add HP or TRQ or "free anything up." It simply makes the car go when you press the accelerator pedal. And no, it's not the same as "flooring it." If you've ever driven an old Legacy with SI drive or an Audi in "sport mode", this is very similar except it only affects throttle response.

Some ding-dong named outbackjoe wrote something up stating these things don't work. If you're reading this Joe: shame, shame, and more shame on you for not even having tested one in person. :soap_box:

There are 5 settings: Economy, H1, H2, H3, and Off. There are also 9 levels within Eco and H1 through H3. I found level H2-7 to work best for me. My wife prefers setting H1-2 around town, and H3-0 when she's merging into traffic from a stop.

The small button on the left controls the main setting (H1, H2, etc.) and the middle and right buttons control the level within the main setting (1-9). It will work on manuals or autos. You hold down the far right or up button for 3 seconds to set it for an auto, you'll see 888 (temporarily) on the display if set correctly. Hold down the middle or down button for a manual and 999 will display.

On the freeway, H3-0 and above makes the accelerator pedal extremely touchy and difficult to drive smoothly without the car lurching forward at the slightest touch on the pedal. Cruise control is not affected but I catch myself using the paddle shifters more than ever now.

I also put one in my WRX and absolutely love driving the car. Setting H2-2 is the sweet spot. It's much easier to get into traffic and I don't have to wind up the motor so much when I leave from a stop. It's also much easier to rev-match downshifts.

IMG_3050.thumb.JPG.b0dcbbf866067e0e24cc42f2904367fb.JPG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Power-commander-auto-speed-booster-Car-throttle-controller-for-Toyota-Camry-Corolla-Highlander-New-estima-Land/32790137073.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.QkD11H

Looks like it's on sale $53.69 shipped. You want model 627 for the Legacy. Snap a photo of the plug on top of your pedal and send it to him. Super easy install took about 3 minutes to mount the display and the module.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Power-commander-auto-speed-booster-Car-throttle-controller-for-Toyota-Camry-Corolla-Highlander-New-estima-Land/32790137073.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.QkD11H

Looks like it's on sale $53.69 shipped. You want model 627 for the Legacy. Snap a photo of the plug on top of your pedal and send it to him. Super easy install took about 3 minutes to mount the display and the module.

So if I were to use the paddle shifter I’ll have to switch it to manual mode?

The biggest complaint I had when we traded our 2013 for the 2017 was that the new car was laggy and very slow off the line. The 5th gen had a noticeable difference in throttle response and it didn't matter if I eased into the throttle or pressed the pedal to the floor on the 6th gen.

This throttle booster brought back the responsiveness the 5th gen had. I'm not saying this is going to transform your Legacy into an STi but it will make the accelerator pedal work the way it should.

I spent the better part of a day driving around (stop and go, freeway driving, etc.) and adjusted the settings until I found one I liked. Using the paddle shifters now puts a smile on my face during "spirited driving."

One more thing, it was easier to put the factory plug into the module first, then plug the module into the pedal. I ran the wire for the display through the steering column and plugged it into the module then tucked the module up underneath the steering column.

I believe this one is so inexpensive because it's a light gold around the display. The seller has black and silver displays but they are 2-3X more in price. If you want more photos just let me know.

One more thing, it was easier to put the factory plug into the module first, then plug the module into the pedal. I ran the wire for the display through the steering column and plugged it into the module then tucked the module up underneath the steering column.

I believe this one is so inexpensive because it's a light gold around the display. The seller has black and silver displays but they are 2-3X more in price. If you want more photos just let me know.

I think I’ll give this a try,good thing I didn’t order the sprint booster for $299

I think I’ll give this a try,good thing I didn’t order the sprint booster for $299

Was thinking the same thing and figured $50 wasn't a big deal if it turned out to be junk. Now that I have it, I'd happily pay $100 for what this thing does but $300 is too much.

You're paying money to increase wear on your car and reduce mpg by tricking it into essentially thinking you are flooring it everywhere you go. You clearly shouldn't have bought a 2.5 cvt legacy. Sorry for being honest. I feel bad for the next owner already

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

You're paying money to increase wear on your car and reduce mpg by tricking it into essentially thinking you are flooring it everywhere you go. You clearly shouldn't have bought a 2.5 cvt legacy. Sorry for being honest. I feel bad for the next owner already

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Lol, the ridiculous shit people do to a plain daily driver to get it not to feel as much like a plain daily driver.

Its like buying a pair of khakis and trying to cut them at the knees to have basketball shorts. If you want basketball shorts, buy basketball shorts. If you want a car that goes fast and shifts quick buy a WRX with a manual.

Simple minds mock what they don't understand. And you tools CLEARLY don't understand how this thing works. You act like the engine's gonna explode and take the cvt with it.

I HAVE a WRX, WITH a manual, WITH one of these in it. You'd know that if you actually read my posts. But no, you just skimmed through them like some Adderal-starved child, which is reflected by your dipshit comments.

And you're not being honest, you're being ignorant. So take your insecure trolling attitude over to NASIOC or some other trash forum. You'll fit in just fine with those idiots.

Move along children, this discussion is for grownups.

Simple minds mock what they don't understand. And you tools CLEARLY don't understand how this thing works. You act like the engine's gonna explode and take the cvt with it.

I HAVE a WRX, WITH a manual, WITH one of these in it. You'd know that if you actually read my posts. But no, you just skimmed through them like some Adderal-starved child, which is reflected by your dipshit comments.

And you're not being honest, you're being ignorant. So take your insecure trolling attitude over to NASIOC or some other trash forum. You'll fit in just fine with those idiots.

Move along children, this discussion is for grownups.

Hey Nancy, did you ever stop and think that the throttle by wire setup for this car is a finely calibrated piece of electronic engineering that ties into the rest of the cars electronics - ECU, trans control module, and SRS systems?

It would take an imbecile of massive magnitude to plug in an untested, unproven $50 chinese piece of shit into an economy car in order to get it to mimic (poorly) the throttle response of a performance car.

What happens when you $50 chinese POS fails in traffic or in the middle of a twisty mountain road? What if it malfunctions and goes unintended WOT?

You're the same guy who posted pics of a wrx spoiler on a legacy trunk and said "you won't even notice it doesn't fit unless you're close" when you can easily see 3 inches of open space on each side. You then proceeded to show what a vortex generator looks like on a legacy, also shit.

You have a wrx with the same crap mod. Cool, why dont you post up your vins for both and I can share this info and see if you ever have luck with resale or even warranty work. You'd think a guy who owns a wrx and wanted more oomph would simply get a professional TUNE done properly.

You'd think a guy who owns a wrx and wanted more oomph would simply get a professional TUNE done properly.

An even better idea for any of us, IMO, is to enroll in a high-performance driving course ... the idea being to learn how to get the most out of the car, as it is, before starting with the performance (and cosmetic "performance") mods. YMMV.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I am still waiting for the page to load. Plugs into the pedal? Hmm, sounds fishy. But I want to see the products specs 1st...

So far still buffering. I got a few grainy pics and some decently translated text.

Ok...finally, It appears the best way to describe this thing is the very same description as from the manufacturer. It loosens the "electronic choke hold". Unfortunately like many others have said, it is probably better interpreted as flow valve controlled by the ECU. Now tuners, manipulate that valve, but the ECU still knows what position the valve is in.

This little device puts a monkey with ADHD manning the valve wheel. Does the monkey make a difference, yep. Would the ECU like to know what going on, yep. The ECU knows lots of things the monkey doesn't.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

Archived