LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Fogs

Just wondering what everyone thinks about these. I have the base model, so no fogs at the moment and I was planning on grabbing the OEMS eventually. These are cheaper.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2x-LED-Daytime-Running-Fog-Lights-Lamp-DRL-Angel-Eyes-For-Subaru-Legacy-2010-12-/281909965047?nav=SEARCH

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

I would skip the OEM's they are mostly for show even with bulb upgrades.

These are lights https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-headlight-fog-light-housings/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-type-s.html#. I love mine with yellow lamix overlays.

I had the OEM fogs that really didn't do much and after one of the lights was taken out back a rock or something last winter I replaced them with the Morimoto's with yellow Lamix.

Actually I got lucky and found someone selling a set of the Morimoto's with the Lamix and picked them up for $100 shipped.

I too have the Morimoto fogs. One of the OEM fogs had a broken lense so I decided to upgrade. I ended up ordering some tinted laminx instead of going with yellow. They're still the brightest lights on my car right now, despite the slightly darker shade. Couldn't be happier.

Are these Morimotos direct swap in for those that have the OEM Fogs? Do the current housings/bezel just pop out or do we have to remove the bumper?

Yes, they are a direct swap. No, you do not have to remove the bumper or remove the bezel. There are detailed directions on installing them elsewhere on the forum; you'll have to search for them.

In general, here is what I did. I removed a couple of popits from the plastic piece that connect to the bumper corners under the car. You don't have to remove the plastic piece, you just need to pry the plastic away to create enough space to get your hand and the new fogs in there. If I recall, that took removing about 5-7 popits. That's it.

Remove the screw that's holding in the original fog, unplug the fog wiring, and remove it. Slide the connector leads of the new fog light into the included connector housing (ensure that the polarities are correct before locking the leads in place). Put the new fog into the car, lining up the holes of the fog with the plastic dimples in the housing/bezel. Replace the screw, fastening the fog light to the housing/bezel. Plug in fog light. Tuck wires away. Refasten popits. Repeat with the other side.

The first fog light took me over an hour to install while I figured everything out. The second fog light took 10 minutes. I did this with the car on the ground.

For my base model with no fogs, do I need to pick up housings off eBay for the morimotos?

Yes, they are a direct swap. No, you do not have to remove the bumper or remove the bezel. There are detailed directions on installing them elsewhere on the forum; you'll have to search for them.

In general, here is what I did. I removed a couple of popits from the plastic piece that connect to the bumper corners under the car. You don't have to remove the plastic piece, you just need to pry the plastic away to create enough space to get your hand and the new fogs in there. If I recall, that took removing about 5-7 popits. That's it.

Remove the screw that's holding in the original fog, unplug the fog wiring, and remove it. Slide the connector leads of the new fog light into the included connector housing (ensure that the polarities are correct before locking the leads in place). Put the new fog into the car, lining up the holes of the fog with the plastic dimples in the housing/bezel. Replace the screw, fastening the fog light to the housing/bezel. Plug in fog light. Tuck wires away. Refasten popits. Repeat with the other side.

The first fog light took me over an hour to install while I figured everything out. The second fog light took 10 minutes. I did this with the car on the ground.

For my base model with no fogs, do I need to pick up housings off eBay for the morimotos?

I would assume so, but I'm not sure. I suggest seaching the forums, as I'm positive at least one person did a full write-up about installing these guys into a Legacy that didn't come with fogs from the factory. A notable thing to keep in mind is your switch. You'll need one.

I work for a company name Winjet Automotive.

http://www.winjetinc.com

We're currently developing a fog light kit for 2010-2012 & 2013-2014 Legacy.

Comes with lamps, bezels, bulbs, wiring kit+Relay & switch

Bulb type is H11 55W

Test fitting stage is all done, so we should have them available mid 2016. Estimated price $79.95

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I have a set of OE fogs with DIY fully covered lamin-X yellow vinyl, and 1 month old 3000K morimoto HID bulbs. I decided to change the look and got the LED fogs recently. One of the foglight housing have 1 tab broke off during my original install, but it does not affect it being secured onto the bumper and I've had them for many years. So only thing you need to buy are foglight bumper covers, harness and ballast from retrofitsource. LMK if interested.

Archived