LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

This is it no? Waiting for them to give me shipping estimate via NZ post. Going with someone else.

bulpPPP.jpg

Yep that’s the one! How much did they quote you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the scary part, they haven’t sent me a quote yet but they ordered the part already and have it on hand!

He will get back to me with NZ post shipping cost. If they good then I expect to order the carbon fiber intake from them.

Also ordered the 3.6RS badge from NZ, it’s about $130 with shipping, cheapest I could find since most others asked well over $200.

I could have paid about $113 but opted to have tracking so it gives me a piece of mind since it’s an expensive piece.

Then I messaged Subaru of NZ to get me the part number for the carbon fiber intake and then see what the pricing would be.

Lastly I might order the JDM fog light bezel with the light strip and get a module for it to work as turn signals...

qdQd22n.jpg

Thoroughly cleaned the interior since we spent a weekend camping with the kids and dogs. Tomorrow will be the fourth anniversary of me buying the car and I’m at the dealership tomorrow. Let’s see if I am weak and switch to a new car tomorrow.

Also ordered the 3.6RS badge from NZ, it’s about $130 with shipping, cheapest I could find since most others asked well over $200.

I could have paid about $113 but opted to have tracking so it gives me a piece of mind since it’s an expensive piece.

Then I messaged Subaru of NZ to get me the part number for the carbon fiber intake and then see what the pricing would be.

Lastly I might order the JDM fog light bezel with the light strip and get a module for it to work as turn signals...

qdQd22n.jpg

Be careful with this. I'm not sure the extent of the differences on the 18+'s, but at least for the 15-17, the JDM foglight bezel doesn't fit on a USDM front end. Before you go dropping $700 on these, make sure to do the proper research on how different the JDM/USDM front ends are.

Thoroughly cleaned the interior since we spent a weekend camping with the kids and dogs. Tomorrow will be the fourth anniversary of me buying the car and I’m at the dealership tomorrow. Let’s see if I am weak and switch to a new car tomorrow.

Don't do it! Be payment free (and or keep that moolah in your bank account!)

We've got three payments left on our '14 FXT and I'm excited to get rid of that $400/month money suck.

If I think about it, three payments will just about cover a Cobb AP and pro-tune! An additional year's worth of payments and I can replaced the CVT when it breaks! :lol:

OR...I can upgrade and have Apple CarPlay... :spin:

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I test drove the BRZ tS here in the lot. Seriously fell in love with it but I have less than a year of payments and I will be payment free. The Legacy should last me awhile. I’m sticking with the Legacy. Test drove an Ascent too. It’s nice but 90% of the time it would be a waste. I’m just going to rent a minivan to drive my daughter’s friends around for her 16th birthday party. She wants to go to a wolf sanctuary.

I like the refreshed Legacies but like you said, payment free sounds great!

The Carbon Fiber Intake can no longer be sold outside of NZ and not to be sold out of the entire STI Performance Package on the Legacy. So the only way to get it is to travel to NZ and sweet talk a dealer or find an aftermarket one in Japan.

Put my new Weathertech mats in the car today and now all three cars have them. One thing that I can't figured out and that is...why are the pegs so tall. They are so tall I could install my OEM mats on top of the weathertech.

20180814_155021_resized.jpg.6f7096a88409ad0ae5806f5596d1d0d0.jpg

I wish WeatherTech made peg covers for our cars like for some others. (HINT).

Very happy with the mats!

Put my new Weathertech mats in the car today and now all three cars have them. One thing that I can't figured out and that is...why are the pegs so tall. They are so tall I could install my OEM mats on top of the weathertech.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

We got the c light installed.

My friend did the install, it didn’t turn out perfect, the side marker on the left had less paint so it looked perfect, the one on the right he used a fair amount. Basically the orange side marker shows a bit on the left and on the right it doesn’t. I’m wondering if I can just turn off the side marker light without having to take the headlight off.

Next thing is, we weren’t able to figure out how to turn off the oem led light...now both lights are on, it’s not noticeable, but when you use the turn signal the oem one stays on...

Any idea how we can get this taken care of without having to open up the headlights? Honestly the taking apart headlight with a heat gun was a major PITA.

Overall the lights are super bright, crazy how much difference it makes.

One more thing, we couldn’t figure out how to disable the oem turn signals in the headlight, it makes all the other lights blink super fast if we take it out...

I wish DD offered better instructions.

Weird I have both of my oem front turn signal bulbs removed and have no issues with fast blinking,is your DD lights wired correctly?

We got the c light installed.

Basically the orange side marker shows a bit on the left and on the right it doesn’t. I’m wondering if I can just turn off the side marker light without having to take the headlight off.

On the '15-'17 you could just take the bulbs out. Not sure if the 18s are setup differently.

On your fast blinking, Check that yours rears didn't blow out at the same time that you were doing all this.

Weird I have both of my oem front turn signal bulbs removed and have no issues with fast blinking,is your DD lights wired correctly?

Yeah, no bulbs, it lit up the tube...that’s what I was looking for originally.

Yeah, no bulbs, it lit up the tube...that’s what I was looking for originally.

What I did to mine is I unplug the oem DRL connector from the relay

And tap the wires from the DD C lights

Red to + of the drl wire

Yellow to + of turn signal wire

White wire I didn’t connect cuz I want the dd lights on full bright at all times

Well Routine Oil Change and Tire Rotation at 91k and Had them check out my Black Tranny Pan.. Well sure enough the Dreaded CVT Leaking Recall Service Bulletin luckily I'm still under warranty.. So either 2 options One is a Quick Gasket Replacement the other is another Access panel Dealer's not Authorized to Open and Repair Leading to a Complete CVT Replacement.. Down Side to that I'm in a loaner for 2 Weeks Depending on Availability.. [emoji30][emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well Routine Oil Change and Tire Rotation at 91k and Had them check out my Black Tranny Pan.. Well sure enough the Dreaded CVT Leaking Recall Service Bulletin luckily I'm still under warranty.. So either 2 options One is a Quick Gasket Replacement the other is another Access panel Dealer's not Authorized to Open and Repair Leading to a Complete CVT Replacement.. Down Side to that I'm in a loaner for 2 Weeks Depending on Availability.. [emoji30][emoji22][emoji22]

Loaner?! Nooooooo

Make sure they don’t stain your curtains.

Loaner?! Nooooooo

Make sure they don’t stain your curtains.

PLEASE READ TO SAVE YOU A HEADACHE AND MONEY..

Well talked with my Service Dept. in detail and yes a loaner will be provided and luckily It's still under warranty or it would be out of my pocket. So a heads up to everyone periodically check under your car and look at your Tranny Pan area if its Black you might have a slight leak like mine.. I didn't have any drips on the ground just noticed my Pan was black but didn't appear wet.

Service also told me even if its a TSB Notice and your Warranty is expired the Repairs come out of your pocket, So this Damn Repair can get pricey since they have to drop the Tranny to check and see if its the smaller gasket that's leaking or the bigger cover.. Possible more Bad News on that note if the Bigger cover is leaking Subaru Service can't do service on that part and you would need a New Tranny... Hopefully I'm helping you guys out and saving your pocket book..

So a heads up to everyone periodically check under your car and look at your Tranny Pan area if its Black you might have a slight leak like mine..

1f5daa9aed9bd41f9b327bdf17a161b8.jpg

I had my oil changed yesterday. Is this what you’re referring too? Mine is already black so GG?

1f5daa9aed9bd41f9b327bdf17a161b8.jpg

I had my oil changed yesterday. Is this what you’re referring too? Mine is already black so GG?

Yep that Area.. Talking with my Service Tech the 2 covers are in the Front of the Tranny where it mates to the engine so the Fluid slowly seeps out so its not enough to leave a puddle.. The TSB NUMBER is #16-103-16R..

A friend of mine was right we were talking about this same very issue last week...

I’m going to make sure I have them check mine every oil chance. Yes I have had the car less than 9 months but rather be safe, even with the extended warranty.

Subaru needs to fix all these leakage issues with their cars, even their 4th and 5th gen had this issue.