LegacyGT.com

s2baru's "InFrontAutomotive" built, stage3+ 335hp/412tq

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/S2BARU/IMG_20160203_114859_zpsxlmvycod.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/S2BARU/IMAG0797_zpsklmkdg0c.jpg

Few minor updates. I've always wanted to switch over to the STI spoked wheels so came across a set locally with virtually new Dunlop Graspic Ds-3 snow tires for an unbelievable deal so I snatched them up. Second thing is the SUPERTURISMOs were done at the powdercoating shop so picked them up today. New color for them is called Bengal Silver. Anyhow, cheers!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's our epic bumpdate for everyone. Short list of things that I actually sold off when my accident happened because I feared the worse and started compiling money and excuses to not move forward with the build and progression of the car.

What ended up being the culprit for some racket was a bolt on the cam seal (if I'm saying that right) behind the timing cover actually broke in my accident. My charge pipe pushed back into it and I could not see it. It bounced around behind there like a can of marbles.

Mt BBPiek moved to the area and has been a major help and lifting my spirits to get it back on the road. He came over and help track down the issue in less than an HR. In the last few years it's only moved about 15miles sadly, but the engine turns over and sounds dreamy as always. Everything is perfectly healthy!

Long gone:

STI brembos, STI wheels, OZ wheels, Perrin products, shift knob, RacerX tmic, some miscellaneous stock parts.

Items accumulated:

1000cc injectors, steamspeed 20g (from islandborn), dw300 pump, Vibrant fmic core

JDM side mirrors, legacy sport wheels, GT spec rear strut tower bar, Cusco front strut tower bar

single Piller pod, dual steering column pods, prova rad cap, and I'm sure I'm missing a few little things.

I've been hiding items inside my car so my gf doesn't flip on me :lol: since it's under a car cover she doesn't know ;)

Ultimate plans are for a 400/450 car. Was currently 335/412 on stock fueling and turbo. I know my engine can handle the extra I'm going to be throwing at it. Shooting for some solid numbers to have some fun on the top end now and good daily driver. I'll have some updates for everyone as I move along. Cheers!

Guess a few things happend in the lad two years...

Purchased a 4thgen na/auto wagon racked up a quick 30k in just over a year with a few trips to Seattle/Portland/Salt Lake and Pheonix. Picked it up for 2g with 153k, was hit in the rear quarter panel and received just under 2g to fix it. Never did since it didn't affect it's driveability. Loved very bit of it but ultimately missed my 1stgen SS I had bought my first time when the lgt so to keep the tradition of buying more subarus :lol: last fall I found a gem 93 turbo touring wagon which is still in my possession. Has a good fuel leak so I need to fix that before driving it again

Came across a 05gt sedan for the cheap so I bought it and slowly parted it out for some extra cash and then crushed it. Made around 1500 off it so that was some money well spent.

Knowing that the 93 wouldn't be an every day car for me to drive I contiously contiplated a 10-14outback and do a JDM conversion on it but knew I shouldn't be tossing money into another project. Went back and forth on what to do for a nice daily and found a 08 H6 LL Bean outback in Seattle and decided it would be a good bday present to myself back in January. I've loved every bit of it. Fits my needs for comfort but I can still take it just about anywhere I want for fishing here during the summer. Just rolled over 60k on her so I'll be needing to do some maintenance items on it soon. Picked it up for 10g and have been thrilled with it

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a pain in my ass to pass emissions now that it's running great. Last week I swapped everything back to stock. Passed afterwards with no problems. However today I go to re register the car and they say I need to do it twice?!?

Apparently when my registration expired in 2015 I had to pass to clear that year. Then in the county I live in now I have to pass here too. So that's just great.

I'll be putting the stock exhaust back on one more time so I pass the visual. Good news is everything is loose this time and should be easy to do on my own.

Meanwhile the 20g is in. Car loves it. Tune is at 0 wgdc until I get injectors and pump it. Made a whopping 3lbs of boost cruising home last week on the highway lol. Love driving it either way, forgot how nice the HKS coilovers are.

Pic for some fmic hotnessd2846c156ce10d79078dc0e009b4c1b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well passed emissions however they're telling me I need to pass again next month? Idk WTF is going on so I'm calling the DEQ to see what the deal is. I left everything on until I get a direct answer so I can get it registered.

In the meantime picked up some goodies. Took a road trip out to Salem,OR and Port Orchard,WA to grab these up. 13-14 bumper/grille paint matched. Invidia q300 catback, oem sideskirts, and another GT hood. No really any rhyme or reason, things will stay JDM. Exhaust may go one because it will probably fit better. Eventhough mine is custom, the right never sat in the right position.

d33272469d49864b12c74cb9bdd315dc.jpg

• 1 month later...

New wheels you g on shortly. Long story short I literally stole these on a deal from eBay nearly 10months ago and left them in boxes. I almost paid less for this entire setup than my previous Forgestars alone!

19x.9.5 +43 Ray's Gramlights 57extremes on 275/35 Nitto nt555 rubber. Going to give my HKS hypermaxs the grip they need and still be confident in some twistiesc8f6807073d7f13bd8545e57c3cd3dc6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Gave the car a good spa day. The "Tris" paid a visit and gave me some insight and pointers for a basic stage correction. Got nearly 70-80% of the paint looking pretty spectacular. The color has wayyyy more depth than before.

Some before/after

Rinseless wash first with ONR

Claybarred with mitt

Rupes with AngelWax Enigma AIO

AngelWax limited edition Sema Ceramic Wax/Zirconium Blend

Topped with P&S Beadmaker

a72d156be85bd7627cd4265428093360.jpgbc1faa04b596934b756e001cb2206519.jpg41daf52cc5d13479b7184828eaa68d67.jpg

28e821360167579bc2e4f8d6daf2eac8.jpg

• 4 months later...

Delayed on an update here. Been running really well 1000+ miles on the new setup with a protune.

Had a hard time figuring out gains with the new fmic, steamspeed 20g and id1050's pump.

Fwiw car previously was Dyno tuned at 335/412 WITHOUT the previous mentioned.

Since I have a new tuner that's local we did road tuning instead. This is us throwing the results into a 15+WRX specs. Fwiw baselines for the WRX for him were between 215-220hp/220-230wtq.

Sooo a 100/100 gain is pretty incredible. Not knowing true number we're assuming I gained about 30ish up/20wtq. Being that this was Shane's (Islandborns) previous turbo roughly a 30hp gain was what he saw too. Also Bryan @BNR mentioned years ago about a 30-40hp gain. I forgot my EBCS at home so another 10-15hp is on the table for up top we're guessing.

Power feels like it's everywhere. Butt dyno feels the gains that's for darn sure.

Overall we're thinking to be in 365-375hp/425-440wtq range On 91. I'm loving it. Here's the powerbandreceived_2548628555461225.jpg.49bdfae65d402de08bf8c6e6e2e928bb.jpg

Also here's a teaser of the new wheel/tire combo. Front fenders need pulled &rolled again since they haven't been touched after my accident years ago. Also need to have my alignment dialed back in with some more camber up front. Probably adjust my coils up 1/2-3/4inch all around for travel under load too01c1a124adec83dcff10ccc4b387b869.jpg1da42f163cbc5b5b89d4ed06e7f781fd.jpg

I have a few other things I still need to get on from an asthetics point of view to be more aggressive. If I don't like it then I'm going back to the scoop and 13' bumper.

We do have a few e85 pumps here. About 20ish miles so cost vs usage is always what I weigh. I guess I could do it for the sake of gloating some bigger numbers. I'll have fun like this for awhile. Long terms plans for flexfuel may be entertained. Would like to say I broke 500wtq. However I think that would come with some consequences of our trans

I understand the access to the e85 being an issue. I'm lucky enough to have a number of them close to the house and work. I suppose that's the beauty of the flex fuel as well, get it when you can.

I imagine that 400wtq might have some long term issues as well. Haha, nothing lasts forever, right...:)

Now I'm curious what other aggressive aesthetics you have in mind!

@stewdogg I have some k2 knockoffs front carbon fog covers. Along with a rear window spoiler that needs to go on. Have a friend that's recently doing true carbon work so he will be doing some mirror covers and other small items. Haven't decided what material/color yet.

@nickraym I'm on HKS HYPERMAX IV coilovers now. By far superior to the tein street basis I had prior