LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

They’re not WeatherTech, those go inside the window channel. These are OE clones from eBay that attach with 3M and two clips each that go in the weather stripping channel. Best looking style of them other than the Prova’s in my opinion.

https://ebay.com/itm/191426352350/

How does one remove the OEM side window deflectors aka rain guards when they are installed? I know they have clips but I don't see where they are. Obviously it has double sided sticky tape holding them on. I don't have the OEM instructions and can't seem to find any online.

The clips should be on the top-most edge of them, tucked into/under the weatherstripping on top of the door. At least that's how the clones I have are (two clips about 12-18 inches apart), it's possible the actual OEM ones have one long piece that similarly tucks into the weatherstripping in a more uniform way across the entire channel.

Yesterday was spent improving my suspension. First off, finally figured out my front Koni clunk issue thanks to GTeaser and Zee's suggestion: the middle top hat bolt was about a quarter turn loose, but it was enough to cause that clunking. I am SO happy to have the Koni's riding/feeling/sounding like they're supposed to again.

Also installed the CKE SSP Deep Purple 75 Durometer Rear Sway Bar Bushings as well. In the process, I discovered that my right rear endlink bolt nut was like hand-loose, endlink was flopping around as soon as I removed that side's bushing. Tightened the nut, went for a drive, and all of a sudden had a horrible sway bar pop. Once again, GTeaser to the rescue, with the common sense suggestion to put a box-end wrench on the head of the bolt while tightening the nut, since before I was likely just spinning the bolt rather than fully tightening it. Sure enough, did the trick. Everything is all tightened up, feeling wonderful, riding smoothly, and far fewer clunks and rattles than before. The bushings are a nice improvement over the OEM 20mm bushings I had on there, no NVH increase either. Planning to do the fronts in the next day or two as well, just didn't have time to lift the car and get the wheels off last night. After that, new endlinks all around, and I think I'll be mostly set on suspension bits for a while, which will free me up to move on to Raptors and more body-modding stuff. :)

Still have to do the Cusco Rear Sway Bar braces, but that's gonna be harder now since I didn't think to tell the shop to re-install my LCA bolts facing backwards lol.

YmvH5TM.jpg

I would take it back and tell them to install them the right way. Factory is with the nut in the rear. They obviously switched them around when they did the install. So they should make it right for you. And they (or you) need to mark it first because your alignment could get thrown off if they rotate anything in that eccentric bushing. IIRC, that bolt kinda presses into the cammed sleeve of the inboard LCA bushing. Edited by GTEASER

The clips should be on the top-most edge of them, tucked into/under the weatherstripping on top of the door. At least that's how the clones I have are (two clips about 12-18 inches apart), it's possible the actual OEM ones have one long piece that similarly tucks into the weatherstripping in a more uniform way across the entire channel.

I do not see and cannot find the clips. I looked along the top of the door weather stripping. Do the clips go into the window channels/weather stripping? Can these be seen with the rain guards installed?

While yesterday was about improving the way the car drives, today was about improving the way the car looks. Did two cosmetic projects tonight, the first of which is installing my HRW-type rear window spoiler. Great paint work from the ebay seller, went on super easily, and the fitment is *perfect*. Super happy with how it looks, and will really compliment the shape of the Blitzen spoiler when I eventually get that on.

Mind the stickers, I don't have any tattoos, so I guess this is me making up for that. :lol:

wL1m14b.thumb.jpg.b761f10d8056bd3232e612eb35844fe4.jpg

r6JZx0J.thumb.jpg.15c4a623e85bc672149f315884eb5484.jpg

Yl79XQf.thumb.jpg.bb19e5824e9bd54d15875cd70bc01abc.jpg

And my second project today: carbon fiber ez lip under my Bayson lip, with brackets to improve the shape of the corners. I initially installed this ez lip two nights ago, and was on the fence about it keeping it or not. I loved the silver-black-silver contrast, but the way the corners drooped down really irked me and looked a bit crappy and cheap, and it was honestly driving me nuts. Then I had a spark of inspiration, and found this 4-pack of zinc brackets at Lowes, and used them to brace the corners up, and it worked perfectly. The screws are also just short enough to not pierce the top edge of the Bayson lip too. Compare the before and after pics, the difference is small, but it makes such a night and day difference in the shape. Where I was on the verge of removing the lip, I'm now super satisfied with how it came out. Looks much more like an actual lip than just a piece of rubber stuck to my bumper (even though that's what it is :lol:). Not everyone's cup of tea, I acknowledge, but I think I managed to make something unique and interesting given our limited options of front end stuff, and for $20 for the lip roll and $2.50 for the brackets, I'm pretty please with the outcome. :)

gJufveE.thumb.jpg.703c59946ee21f67fe2e68154f090dcf.jpg

v1wUJ0P.thumb.jpg.9d47f0289678943963d3a55875de837c.jpg

S5ikay9.thumb.jpg.5da7cee375ba8c4dc511ff525735715a.jpg

rj7ERk0.thumb.jpg.ed70d898690d765fe51841dd4adb101a.jpg

m12izwr.thumb.jpg.b54c4baa843b37b5a37410fc16b333fa.jpg

sDQucWn.thumb.jpg.be01849c53a45ff296ddbbdc4c3ddc72.jpg

pvDgFOQ.thumb.jpg.3b11fe0d51cbbe2671051cf12d540856.jpg

My car fell flat on its face while in boost today, after that incident it wasn't idling right, AFR were lean and eventually my check engine light came on. Head gasket, Burnt valves, burnt pistons were dancing through my head. I was suppose to go away for the weekend but I was thinking at least the weather has turned so I could potentially drive my Syclone once I registered it.

I continued to drive my GT home and notice I could hear a hint flutter of the turbo when I let off the throttle, so I decided to check the intake track for boost leaks. I pulled off the air box and noticed the source of the BPV had come off. Put it back on and everything was back to normal. What a relief!

My car fell flat on its face while in boost today, after that incident it wasn't idling right, AFR were lean and eventually my check engine light came on. Head gasket, Burnt valves, burnt pistons were dancing through my head. I was suppose to go away for the weekend but I was thinking at least the weather has turned so I could potentially drive my Syclone once I registered it.

I continued to drive my GT home and notice I could hear a hint flutter of the turbo when I let off the throttle, so I decided to check the intake track for boost leaks. I pulled off the air box and noticed the source of the BPV had come off. Put it back on and everything was back to normal. What a relief!

I've dropped a vac line on the Fozz and it acted exactly like that, so that would have been my first suggestion to check.

http://i.imgur.com/3ZJRjks.jpg

Anyone care to guess why the bumper cover is off?

Yup you guessed right. Low beam bulb went out. I would have changed out both a couple of months back when the driver's side went out, but the weather was terrible. Light drizzle, cold, and snow on the ground back then meant wheel well for the driver's side. Passenger side went out Thursday morning.

Today was brakes day - did the fronts (pads and rotors) and the rears (just pads), cleaned/lubed the slide pins, and flushed the fluid. I will say, the top bolt for the front caliper bracket is a pain! They were on there pretty tight, and it's hard to get a breaker bar with a socket on them. Ended up using a 17mm flex head. Rotors were stuck on there and had to be persuaded to come off (I have a 3lb steel hammer that can be pretty persuasive) - that was surprising for here in NM - normally, rotors come right off (benefits of not being in the rust belt, I suppose!)

Very nice having smooth braking with no pedal pulsation again!

Took my Pioneer HU out today because something was rattling back there. Hopefully that's better now.

Also - took the driver side section of timing cover off. I am pretty convinced that my timing belt tensioner is failing. In fact, V-belt tensioner was failing too and replaced that this past week but still hearing noises. If I push down on the timing belt a little with my finger as close to tensioner as I can get it, I can hear a click

The car is only at 85K but I guess it's getting a timing belt and a water pump also, I'll just get it all done as I'm going in already...

Rotors come off very nicely with the use of these bolts threaded into the holes provided.

I dunno... if you are replacing the part, and were already annoyed by the upper caliper bracket bolt, percussive maintenance with a 3lb hammer can be quite cathartic. just sayin'

what did I do to my legacy today? nothing, but yesterday I installed the tap to turn module and it works great.

http://i.imgur.com/3ZJRjks.jpg

Anyone care to guess why the bumper cover is off?

Yup you guessed right. Low beam bulb went out. I would have changed out both a couple of months back when the driver's side went out, but the weather was terrible. Light drizzle, cold, and snow on the ground back then meant wheel well for the driver's side. Passenger side went out Thursday morning.

Might want to take the opportunity to clear up those headlights...