LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Took care of my oil leaks last night. Had a leaky oil pan sump which was dripping down on to the headers heat shield. Pulled the turbo and the headers down in one piece clamped all the cooling lines and oil lines. Took the old oil sump pan off and cleaned it up really good and sealed it again. Letting the gasket cure for 24 hours and will be bolting everything back up tonight after work fill it with oil slap a oil filter on then burp the coolant. oh also replaced the flat O-ring in the oil filler with a round ring to stop it from leaking as well. Fun times

Selling my 4thgen wagon Saturday. Freeing up some funds for when I get the GT diagnosed.

My fave car show is West Coast Subaru Show near Seattle, this year it's July 7th. Deadline will be to have it running by then. Fingers crossed.

Selling my 4thgen wagon Saturday. Freeing up some funds for when I get the GT diagnosed.

My fave car show is West Coast Subaru Show near Seattle, this year it's July 7th. Deadline will be to have it running by then. Fingers crossed.

I'm up for diagnosis whenever that beauty is ready.

Replaced all the pop-its under my bumper and on my grille with new ones because I was bored and wanted to do something with my car lmao.

ha, did that the other day. got 50 of em on ebay for like $5 and clean new ones makes life so much easier when you have to take em out again.

Had to go out today to buy new wheels and rubber. I was in the dumps about my first wheel choice not fitting over the Brembo's . I'm glad they didn't in the end!

This is exactly how I pictured my car when I bought it 4 years ago. I'm blown away!!

Niche Form M157 19x8.5 40et

General G max 235/35/192a46fc6d30b8813cd514cad3481b611e.jpg

Edited by Becks1818

Wait a minute, just looked those wheels up and they're only available in 5x112, 5x120, and 5x4.5. Are you running an adapter or did you get a custom drilled set?

Edit: Disregard, found them in 5x100 on Amazon. Oddly, Niche doesn't list 5x100 on their site for this wheel.

Edited by Humble Rumble

Had to go out today to buy new wheels and rubber. I was in the dumps about my first wheel choice not fitting over the Brembo's . I'm glad they didn't in the end!

This is exactly how I pictured my car when I bought it 4 years ago. I'm blown away!!

Niche Form M157 19x8.5 40et

General G max 235/35/192a46fc6d30b8813cd514cad3481b611e.jpg

They've actually got me thinking bad thoughts haha. They're a pretty reasonable nearness to some wheels I've been dreaming about: the Yokohama Connoisseur 151C. Problem is, the Yokohama's are discontinued (and were nearly $1000/wheel when they weren't :eek:). Same number of spokes too. I like those a lot, throwing them in the back of my mind for the future haha.

105e5a5s-960.jpg

Wait a minute, just looked those wheels up and they're only available in 5x112, 5x120, and 5x4.5. Are you running an adapter or did you get a custom drilled set?

Edit: Disregard, found them in 5x100 on Amazon. Oddly, Niche doesn't list 5x100 on their site for this wheel.

Seems it's hard to find them in 5x100. Maybe they stopped making them in our bolt pattern?

I'm sooooo happy with them! Right place at the right time.

They've actually got me thinking bad thoughts haha. They're a pretty reasonable nearness to some wheels I've been dreaming about: the Yokohama Connoisseur 151C. Problem is, the Yokohama's are discontinued (and were nearly $1000/wheel when they weren't :eek:). Same number of spokes too. I like those a lot, throwing them in the back of my mind for the future haha.

105e5a5s-960.jpg

Hahahaha amazing . That's insane @ $1000 per rim! They are sweet though.

These are one of the best looking rims I've seen on our cars. Can't describe how happy I am with them.

b2a03880d24593536b65deae5a2de629.jpg806d6059b9d53cd7708d4688e14126c3.jpg

Edited by Becks1818

105e5a5s-960.jpg

You could always take the ones Becks got have them polished and clear coated.

Gave my battery terminals a long overdue cleaning and threw on the little Wangan SPL Voltage Stabilizer I've had sitting around. I doubt it'll do much, but I snagged it for cheap so I figured I'd try it. Looks neat in the engine bay too.

The battery acid chewed throw the finish on my SPT battery tiedown, so I'll need to get a new one soon. Looking at possibly the Cusco tie down since I've got a fair bit of blue/Cusco bits in the bay already.

M9rTt2E.thumb.jpg.158d89440240eaee0f8fdc065bbb612a.jpg

IFyg3bo.thumb.jpg.3d521c99f7eaeff5352c187167c11ea2.jpg

uf2DLej.thumb.jpg.3676629f58f2c3845b3fb1da946d1703.jpg

Changed the oil and installed the Mishimoto radiator and OEM STI lower temp thermostat today.

Part #s:

MMRAD-STI-08

21200AA072

Install of the rad was a bit of a pain. As a BBPeik mentioned when he wrote up his experience, I ended up grinding down a significant amount of the plastic fan support on the passengers side and one of the fan bolts. As it sits now everything clears but only just. I used a brass threaded cap from the hardware store to plug the extra hole that our cars do not use.

Results:

The car used to sit at 210-215 F in traffic, hanging out at ~200 in cruise, and occasionally getting down to ~190 if I coasted down an offramp.

Now it hangs out at 185-190 in traffic, got up to 192 after a third and fourth gear pull, and stabilized at 188.4 even when I coasted down the offramp.

I'm happy, hopefully this will help the ECU to be willing to keep the AC on next time its 127 out and I'm driving up that super long uphill section of the I-10 out by Coachella. (Last time I was seeing coolant temps up to 237 and the ECU turned off the AC at 222, not fun in the summer driving in to the setting sun...)

Edited by Sarang
Credit to BBPeik for blazing trail

OEM STI lower temp thermostat

21200AA072

Results:

The car used to sit at 210-215 F in traffic, hanging out at ~200 in cruise, and occasionally getting down to ~190 if I coasted down an offramp.

Now it hangs out at 185-190 in traffic, got up to 192 after a third and fourth gear pull, and stabilized at 188.4 even when I coasted down the offramp.

I'm happy, hopefully this will help the ECU to be willing to keep the AC on next time its 127 out and I'm driving up that super long uphill section of the I-10 out by Coachella. (Last time I was seeing coolant temps up to 237 and the ECU turned off the AC at 222, not fun in the summer driving in to the setting sun...)

This part number includes the gasket & thermostat 21210AA030. I put the STI thermostat in as well when I did my timing belt/water pump.

I didn't datalog mine to for comparision but I am surprised that it made that much of a difference. The GT (at least 2012) used the 21200AAAA230 variation which initial opening is later but has the same full open temperature according to Perscitus

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4989095&postcount=14760