LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

• I Donated
Thanks for not being a **** head about it either!

Guess you only joined for the post counts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] mom look at my post count! I have friends! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My post count is high because I had two LGTs over 4.5 years. You had one for, what, 3 months?

So after test driving a 00' outback limited 5 speed with a jdm 2.0l swap and for some reason walking away (i know i know, only $2,000) I decided to stop into Ford otw home and found out Focus and Fiesta ST are getting some serious rebates for 2017 models. Something about a white Fiesta ST with a roof and recaros for 22K out the door is super tempting. Seriously considering it. A far cry from the SS 1LE I had my heart set on, but with that $3000 rebate and these guys really wanting to get these things out the door, I am hard pressed to find a more fun, better car for the $$. Once the LGT is rebuilt it will be a weekend car for sure, and at best i'll hold onto it until next summer, so i'm really thinking this FiST is the way to go.

• I Donated
So after test driving a 00' outback limited 5 speed with a jdm 2.0l swap and for some reason walking away (i know i know, only $2,000) I decided to stop into Ford otw home and found out Focus and Fiesta ST are getting some serious rebates for 2017 models. Something about a white Fiesta ST with a roof and recaros for 22K out the door is super tempting. Seriously considering it. A far cry from the SS 1LE I had my heart set on, but with that $3000 rebate and these guys really wanting to get these things out the door, I am hard pressed to find a more fun, better car for the $$. Once the LGT is rebuilt it will be a weekend car for sure, and at best i'll hold onto it until next summer, so i'm really thinking this FiST is the way to go.

Depreciation on those sucks though.

can't believe they have the focus for 18K!? I mean granted no recaros but still a pretty nice car for the $$. I think base price on those focus with the incentives in NY are still 22.6k without taxes. Some people like the recaros, some don't. I came from an Evo X and thats honestly about the only part i miss about that car. From what I hear FiSTs handle a little better because they weigh less, but also come with around 60 less in the HP and tqe depts.

What colors do they have in stock? might just have to do some business in VA :)

Three different dealers, so hopefully they aren't bait and switch prices.

Black: Check out a 2017 Ford Focus ST - $17,692 on CarGurus at https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/176973826

Magnetic Gray: Check out a 2017 Ford Focus ST - $18,062 on CarGurus at https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/185932510

Kona Blue: Check out a 2017 Ford Focus ST - $18,062 on CarGurus at https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/186426669

White: Check out a 2017 Ford Focus ST - $18,217 on CarGurus at https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/186716238

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, just not anywhere near the LGTs pricetag. 3.3T AWD starts at $57.5K.

Yeah but it is way above the LGT in all kinds of ways...tech, refinement, size, power...take one for a drive and you will be able to tell where the money was spent. Different class of vehicle completely, personally I would wait for a nice used one that will drop that price nearly in half, lol.

Yeah but it is way above the LGT in all kinds of ways...tech, refinement, size, power...take one for a drive and you will be able to tell where the money was spent. Different class of vehicle completely, personally I would wait for a nice used one that will drop that price nearly in half, lol.

Well, sure.. But, $57.5K is HIGHER than MSRP for RS3/S4, just for starters, depending on what you're after. Pretty much at the same level as 540i/AMG C43, loaded MKZ with 3.0TT @ 400 HP is around $50k, etc.. ATS V-sport with 100 more HP starts around $61-62k (and you know they go out the door with a significant discount). Charger SRT 392 is also around $50k (if you just want a big V8).

Lightly used LS460/GS F (2016 w/ 10-20k miles) are available in the high $50s.

That's the problem I see - this is their "we're just as good as all the other starting-luxury/sporty brands" model - except they've always made their $$$ on giving MUCH BETTER value than the competition up to this point. Now, they're giving you EQUIVALENT value, and asking you to "choose Hyundai".

btw, Kia Stinger's supposed to start around $47k, IIRC.

Well, sure.. But, $57.5K is HIGHER than MSRP for RS3/S4, just for starters, depending on what you're after. Pretty much at the same level as 540i/AMG C43, loaded MKZ with 3.0TT @ 400 HP is around $50k, etc.. ATS V-sport with 100 more HP starts around $61-62k (and you know they go out the door with a significant discount). Charger SRT 392 is also around $50k (if you just want a big V8).

Lightly used LS460/GS F (2016 w/ 10-20k miles) are available in the high $50s.

That's the problem I see - this is their "we're just as good as all the other starting-luxury/sporty brands" model - except they've always made their $$$ on giving MUCH BETTER value than the competition up to this point. Now, they're giving you EQUIVALENT value, and asking you to "choose Hyundai".

btw, Kia Stinger's supposed to start around $47k, IIRC.

And that is why I will never buy a new Kia or Hyundai, but a used one is where I think the value is at.

The ATS is a smaller car, the Charger is not in the same class and probably is the only car that drops in value faster than the Kia or Hyundai. The Lexus I will give you, super nice luxury and built to last, but it still isn't in the same performance realm and it has a thirsty V8.

So the Audi, Lexus, very nice comparisons but on the used market especially a 2 to 3 years old I would be the Kia Stinger or Genesis G80 will be cheaper with nearly the performance and a better warranty. And with a car this complicated that matters to me.

Cadillac is bottom of the list in reliability and for the prices they are charging I wouldn't even consider owning one.

And that is why I will never buy a new Kia or Hyundai, but a used one is where I think the value is at.

The ATS is a smaller car, the Charger is not in the same class and probably is the only car that drops in value faster than the Kia or Hyundai. The Lexus I will give you, super nice luxury and built to last, but it still isn't in the same performance realm and it has a thirsty V8.

So the Audi, Lexus, very nice comparisons but on the used market especially a 2 to 3 years old I would be the Kia Stinger or Genesis G80 will be cheaper with nearly the performance and a better warranty. And with a car this complicated that matters to me.

Cadillac is bottom of the list in reliability and for the prices they are charging I wouldn't even consider owning one.

What funny is the Cadillac ATS-V is what I rather have. My experience is that GM products are easier and cheaper to repair long term than the European brands. Cadillac wouldn't surprise me if its low on the reliability list. Lexus would be a maybe in my book but they are more expensive. (I don't compare CPO to new cars) ATS-V is a better value. I agree with the Charger and not interested. I have absolutely no interest in owning a Korean car.

I mostly agree with your assessment but I came up with completely different preference and opinion. We are all entitled to have their own point of view.

It's funny how no matter what strides in quality, reliability, and performance Kia/Hyundai make, all you hear is "I'll never own one". Well, I've owned 3. They're solid if you maintain them. Aside from the GenCoupe's failure of a manual trans (which they replaced with a newer revised model on their dime, out of warranty), never had a hiccup engine wise.

Now I agree about the used value, etc. I'll never buy another car new LOL. I don't have that kind of money to piss away. Soon as that Stinger comes on the used market, I'm snatching one up. Saw it at the Detroit auto show last year and was hooked!

• I Donated
Different class of vehicle completely, personally I would wait for a nice used one that will drop that price nearly in half, lol.

Or more. My wife's 2013 Veloster Turbo, purchased in 2014, is already in the four figures for trade-in, so it has lost ~60% of its value in 3.5 years. Luckily we got it for below invoice and had a paid off (but older) trade, so we're not upside down. And she is planning to keep it for at least a few more years.

What funny is the Cadillac ATS-V is what I rather have. My experience is that GM products are easier and cheaper to repair long term than the European brands. Cadillac wouldn't surprise me if its low on the reliability list. Lexus would be a maybe in my book but they are more expensive. (I don't compare CPO to new cars) ATS-V is a better value.

Have you ever sat in the back of an ATS? They are tiny. With the driver's seat adjusted for me to drive, I literally can't get in the back. My legs don't even fit between the seat bottom and the front seat.

...with the SS going away I'm all over the place, the Kia Stinger looks promising but the A6 3.0T Competition package and even the Durango SRT (hey I've got a family to move around [emoji38]) seem interesting.

There are still a few manual SSes left on dealer lots... ;)