LegacyGT.com

New Tire Advice

spb

Spent two hours reading through threads but info is all over the place.

I am looking for new tires for my 2010 GT.

I am in New England so need to do well in the snow.

Some features that I am looking for:

- All season.

- Good performance in wet/snow.

- Good grip in dry.

- Stable at highway speeds. 70% of my driving is highway.

- No mushiness. Good cornering.

- Low road noise would be nice.

Right now I have Continental Extreme Contact DWS on it right now. And I am not very happy with them. Which is weird. DWS did fine on my 2008 and 2013 legacys. Is the 18in conti DWS extra mushy?

Since you live in New Hampshire, I would recommend running a good All Season or Summer tire during the warmer months, and a dedicated set of Snows for the winter. Only bad part is that this means you will probably run them for a near equal amount of time during the year considering our long Hot/Cold seasons. I myself live in CT and drive a good 40,000 miles a year. I run Continental PureContact DWS tires during the warmer months and have a dedicated Snow tire (Continental ExtremeWinterContact) for the colder months mounted on a set of steel rims.

Thanks. Swapping tires is not an option for me due to storage limitations.

Looking for good All Seasons.

I have a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s for my summer wheels and I've been pretty happy with them overall. They handle light snow okay as well

I think I will be going with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 plus.

These are a good tire. I ran in them in the snow because I didn't really have a choice at the time, and they do OK. Nowhere near what even a cheap set of winter tires will get you, but as long as there is healthy tread, you'll do fine.

I also drove a car with Bridgestone RE960 or RE970 AS -- they are pretty sweet in the dry, never had them in the snow.

Solid choice! I was looking at getting a set of the 3+ when my 3 are worn down. Let us know what you think of them when you grab them. Also I recommend getting an alignment done to ensure your new tires don't wear strangely from a misalignment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had DWS06s on my 3.0R. I thought they were good. Then when I got a puncture I got a set of General Gmax AS05s. They are better in the dry and wet than the DWS06s were and not nearly as mushy. I have not had the AS05s for a winter season yet so I cannot comment on their winter ability. All in all I think the AS05 is a much more composed tire and it actually costs less than the DWS06. General Tire is owned by Continental too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived