LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I don't remember offhand what size I made my little gripper thingy, but it's sized for a Wix filter. I can post that measurement up later this afternoon, though. Pretty sure the Wix filter is the same size as the OEM blue filter- been a while since I put one of those on, but that's what was on the Baja when I bought it, and I remember the grippy fitting over it. I also remember having to hammer a screwdriver into the side of it to get it loose...

Soooooo my clutch completely went out. Had to have it towed. The earliest idea was that my master cylinder crapped out. However, GTEASER called it - it was my pivot ball and clutch fork inside the trans that caused it. Which turned out to be great timing for the boss find to replace those pieces -

https://www.verus-engineering.com/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-drivetrain

(located in our performance mod sticky too)

Got overnight delivery - Gillman Subaru will take care of it. OH! They are going to clean up my headlights too just cause they love me! Yay!

IMG_5965.thumb.JPG.cf47e3ea923425cf127cc5c9684c51c4.JPG

Edited by islandborn

Yesterday I removed the Cobb SF intake I've been running for 2 years and this morning I reflashed my old 0% WGDC map from my former tuner. Wow, I forgot how much I liked my old tuner's work. The car has such great off-boost response it is hard to tell there is a turbo four under the hood. And this is just the "temp" map. ;) After learning that he is doing e-tunes after closing shop and moving, I plan to finally finish what we started on his dyno years ago. Just need to get my wideband wired up, transition to AP v3, and get logging. I'm excited, but fearful my clutch is not going to hold! :)

Just curious, why did you remove the intake? Where you having issues with it? I'm running the same.

There was nothing wrong with it, I basically just got tired of it. The noise it makes, while wonderful, does get a bit obnoxious for family car duties (in my opinion). That and I never quite finished the install completely to get it as clean as I'd like.

As a side note, the stock intake with mishimoto silicon hoses and silencer delete does actually make some decent noise still.

Edited by eckseleven

There was nothing wrong with it, I basically just got tired of it. The noise it makes, while wonderful, does get a bit obnoxious for family car duties (in my opinion). That and I never quite finished the install completely to get it as clean as I'd like.

As a side note, the stock intake with mishimoto silicon hoses and silencer delete does actually make some decent noise still.

What type of intake noises do the silicon hoses add? How was the install on the intake?

I've been thinking about how I'd like some more engine music lately. Are you thinking at all about parting with the intake?

What type of intake noises do the silicon hoses add? How was the install on the intake?

I've been thinking about how I'd like some more engine music lately. Are you thinking at all about parting with the intake?

You basically get more air induction noise with the hoses. They are easy to install. I haven't gone WOT yet since I'm on a temp tune but I would expect some more noticeable BPV noise as well. Nothing like how loud the Cobb intake was, however.

Installation of the Cobb intake was a bit tricky and I had to modify the box to fit. You would need a tune for it also. I would like to find a good home for it and a fellow 5th gen owner would be ideal!

Here was the thread where I participated in more discussion about it. There is a link to youtube with I video I made.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2010-cold-air-intake-208012.html

getting ready to order a wrx rear sway bar, picking up some '13 springs to go over some new struts eventually and some mevotech lower control arms to get some uprated bushings up front. get the tired suspension out of the way and get the car driving like i want it to.

now i just need a place that isn't a city street to install this stuff...

You basically get more air induction noise with the hoses. They are easy to install. I haven't gone WOT yet since I'm on a temp tune but I would expect some more noticeable BPV noise as well. Nothing like how loud the Cobb intake was, however.

Installation of the Cobb intake was a bit tricky and I had to modify the box to fit. You would need a tune for it also. I would like to find a good home for it and a fellow 5th gen owner would be ideal!

Here was the thread where I participated in more discussion about it. There is a link to youtube with I video I made.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2010-cold-air-intake-208012.html

Thanks. I'm interested for sure. I just ordered the Mishi hoses, so installing those will be a part of this oil change coming up soon. Adding in the intake would likely take me a bit longer since I'd need the tune.

Today was "Full" pre winter cleaning, waxing and detailing....I try to do it at least once around this time of year to get ready for all the Pacific Northwest rain and cruddy road crap.

Washed, waxed, all windows with Rain X, all inside of windows with Auto Glass Cleaner and all tires with Gunk tire cleaner and shine....then vacuumed and put away.

Wax is Mothers Cleaner Wax followed by Mothers California Gold Carnauba Wax :)

Scooby Too is out shopping so I guess I will start on hers tomorrow :(

WWrzAU8.jpg

3WBR2of.jpg

RQtr9N3.jpg

EIBxlWN.jpg

TiLIKCI.jpg

So far I haven't done the clay bar....too old, too lazy.[emoji38]
Dude, it's a cake walk. Far easier than applying and removing wax. And so worth it for the baby's bottom smooth paint. You'll be surprised how dirty your paint is too.

Maybe in the spring?? I have been a wash and wax guy for so long it will be hard to change the routine. ATM I am waiting for another hip replacement surgery so anything more like bending over and scrubbing is outta the picture. I was in agony for hours after the wash and wax that I did.

This getting older is not all the fun you might think :(

If you come up my way, it'd be easier to take I-90 back west, and you can get Stu and Brendan on your trip home. Might have to start charting this out now to find the best route, maybe add in some national parks while you're at it.