LegacyGT.com

stash box

ninjaturtlesM35x

So before anyone jumps down my throat. This is not for drugs. I'm not doing anything illigal and I'm not worried about drug dogs.

I am installing a monitor in my cubby of my 09 lgt and while I am at it I would like to install a cool sneeky spot. I noticed there were some unused buttons where my side mirror adjuster is. I have seen stuff that u need to push in the cigaret lighter and then press a button and something motors out. It doesn't HAVE to be that high tech but it would be cool. It doesn't have to be to big.

Thanks guys

Personally I would LOVE to have a stash in my car where I could keep a couple hundred dollars and a extra copy of my credit card for emergencies/stupidities and not worry about it disappearing if I went to a hand wash or mechanic. I have thought about stashing a few 20s in my LGT operating manual.

The other day I was in a hurry and drove to the aquarium specialty-fish/pet store for some gear for my aquarium (the shop is 15+ miles each way!!!) and had forgotten my freaking wallet at home!!! So aggrivating!!! I only needed about $50 to make my purchases but I did not have it or credit with me.

A secret cubby would be fantastic.

Oh, it is not anyones business what you do outside LGT.com so don't bother justifying yourself even if this were for drugs! I would still want a "druggy cubby" for money and a credit card even if that was the products name.

Maybe I should just get a wallet with a chain :lol:

Haha..I ran to the hardware store today to finish up making a shift knob out of a billiards cue ball and forgot my wallet. Thankfully I was only getting an allen screw and had the .45 cents in my change container!

I just got my legacy Saturday so I can't think of a good area off the top of my head. If you have a manual you could store some things under the shift boot/radio area if you pull up on the panel. There's a little room. I can get pics if you dunno what I'm babbling about.

I'd really like a hidden spot where I could keep a few dollars.

In my old Forester, I kept $40 behind the overhead clock. It would pop out with a key, but it wasn't all marked up so it didn't look like it had been removed.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if I took the cash out before I sold the car...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If I were to have a secret spot, it wouldn't be on the dash. It'd be hidden in my trunk liner(behind it). A spot where I would almost forget, a place that I would stumble upon a couple hundred bucks upon stripping my car while track prepping. lol

Luckily I don't keep anything extremely valuable in the car. If its worth is >$300(street price i.g. craigslist) then its going with me.

How about inside the rear taillight access hatches (on a wagon).

Or put it in an envelope and tape it to the bottom of the "junk tray" in the spare tire well. No one is gonna flip it over if it is full of crap, they will remove the tray, sit it down someplace and then put it back without ever looking at the bottom of it.

Or get a "book safe" where it looks like a hard cover book and it is hollowed out inside. Buy a boring ass book and no one will ever steal it. Leave it in the trunk / cargo area. Or make your own.

Stick a magnetic "key safe" to the underside of the package shelf i n a sedan. Only way you would see it is if you were lying in the trunk looking up.

It is still ugly.

Pillboy is obviously no stranger to smuggling. ;)

How about inside the rear taillight access hatches (on a wagon).

Or put it in an envelope and tape it to the bottom of the "junk tray" in the spare tire well. No one is gonna flip it over if it is full of crap, they will remove the tray, sit it down someplace and then put it back without ever looking at the bottom of it.

Or get a "book safe" where it looks like a hard cover book and it is hollowed out inside. Buy a boring ass book and no one will ever steal it. Leave it in the trunk / cargo area. Or make your own.

Stick a magnetic "key safe" to the underside of the package shelf i n a sedan. Only way you would see it is if you were lying in the trunk looking up.

He means you could pull up the shifter trim on the 5MT/6MT cars and stash stuff beneath that.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 years later...

Archived