LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

I’ve been trying to get in contact with him but he hasn’t responded since the order of the carbon fiber intake. I actually contacted Subaru New Zealand directly to get things rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been trying to get in contact with him but he hasn’t responded since the order of the carbon fiber intake. I actually contacted Subaru New Zealand directly to get things rolling.

I found a third party vendor from NZ but the cost is $200..

For the badge or the intake?

Also which Third party vendor? Make sure they can ship to the US as I paid for something and come to find out they didn’t do international shipments.

For the badge or the intake?

Also which Third party vendor? Make sure they can ship to the US as I paid for something and come to find out they didn’t do international shipments.

Badge. And yes he said he can do international shipping. But he is asking too much imo.

Funny in that most folks debadge their cars and not add badges but to each their own. I have been thinking of putting a TURBO badge on mine with a flame:p

Thanks for sharing what you did to your 6th Gen today.

Badge. And yes he said he can do international shipping. But he is asking too much imo.

Here's the part number from my invoice

93079AL030RS

Edited by MrCobbs

Sounds like the ideal situation for a group buy ;)

50 probably cost nearly the same to ship as 1.

If he can throw in a 2.5RS, I’m in!:p

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Finally got around to installing the EcoHitch from Torklift Central. Great customer service and quality product. I got the hitch in about a week after ordering; excellent packaging and arrived intact! It even included the installation instructions with pictures in color.

Install was fairly straight forward other than me not having the right tools before getting started.

I did have to take the rear wheels off to be able to get to the push clip and a couple of the screws holding the mud flaps. And while I had them off, I visually checked the pads and rinsed it all off with brake cleaner.

And once I started pulling the bumper out, those stones along with a bunch of smaller ones fell off. You'll be amazed at all the crap that gets in there.

And once I started getting the nuts holding the absorber off, I found that I needed a socket extender to be able to go through. I was able to get the bottom two out, but couldn't get to the inside one on the top; and the 1/4" torque wrench started slipping after I got to the rusted part of the bolt. Ended up driving down to a body shop and they helped get the remaining nuts off and tightening everything back after putting the hitch in.

Marked out the portion to cut on the bumper. The instructions say 5 1/4 wide and 4 3/4 deep, but I've read elsewhere that a smaller one would do. Started with 4" x 4" and it fit good. I had to push the bottom portion a little to get the clips on either side of the hitch in. May be 4 1/4" deep would have been better, but I didn't want to take it out again.

Really happy with the final outcome. I think its pretty hidden and if you have a darker color car, you may not even see it. I plan on leaving the bike rack permanently attached, so the hidden part is not a factor.

Would certainly recommend this to anyone that's thinking of adding a hitch!

IMG_20180712_1722138.thumb.jpg.3bb3146c740d9af5a7d5f8e9c5e47e6f.jpg

IMG_20180712_1724147.thumb.jpg.54ba02689e626adc5c209cde77be30e9.jpg

IMG_20180712_1823148.thumb.jpg.75203ab7a5ee3ab865c297b276ffd6f1.jpg

IMG_20180712_1846208.thumb.jpg.5520f7d69636fd0ba163f37fbdbd4c8f.jpg

IMG_20180712_1850490.thumb.jpg.e725f7f259fe36e164e479b3a5929ba6.jpg

IMG_20180713_1235331.thumb.jpg.a5379bb801cffe8a85543b7114a4568e.jpg

IMG_20180713_1444297.thumb.jpg.2ef146f7cebaa57f92e2d447757fd9f8.jpg

IMG_20180713_1418259.thumb.jpg.76d50ed2f055b9f9fa6252257e73be66.jpg

IMG_20180713_1554591.thumb.jpg.c6f750693910f6240c5204d771bd32ce.jpg

IMG_20180713_1555110.thumb.jpg.89269adabaca7100aa99314a88c2cc9e.jpg

Bought this: https://www.costco.com/Chemical-Guys-Car-Polishing-Kit.product.100363952.html

It’s gonna help buff out light scratches...these cars scratch like crazy. My front is fully clear bra and it’s flawless since I put bra within a month of purchasing, the whole rear bumper is clear bra too and the roof is vinyl.

Problem is the damn doors, they get light scratches every few weeks, I rather buy a decent polisher and fix it on my own.

Also this is a good deal since it’s $200 on the chemical guys website.

Finally got around to installing the EcoHitch from Torklift Central. Great customer service and quality product. I got the hitch in about a week after ordering; excellent packaging and arrived intact! It even included the installation instructions with pictures in color.

Install was fairly straight forward other than me not having the right tools before getting started.

Really happy with the final outcome. I think its pretty hidden and if you have a darker color car, you may not even see it. I plan on leaving the bike rack permanently attached, so the hidden part is not a factor.

I just got mine in and installed as well, I was impressed as hell by these guys. Came very well packaged, installation very fairly simple and straight

forward, everything just fit perfectly! On top of it it's very sleek and hidden.

Not very often you buy something and feel REALLY good about your purchase.

I did have to take the rear wheels off to be able to get to the push clip and a couple of the screws holding the mud flaps. And while I had them off, I visually checked the pads and rinsed it all off with brake cleaner.

And once I started pulling the bumper out, those stones along with a bunch of smaller ones fell off. You'll be amazed at all the crap that gets in there.

And once I started getting the nuts holding the absorber off, I found that I needed a socket extender to be able to go through. I was able to get the bottom two out, but couldn't get to the inside one on the top; and the 1/4" torque wrench started slipping after I got to the rusted part of the bolt. Ended up driving down to a body shop and they helped get the remaining nuts off and tightening everything back after putting the hitch in.

Marked out the portion to cut on the bumper. The instructions say 5 1/4 wide and 4 3/4 deep, but I've read elsewhere that a smaller one would do. Started with 4" x 4" and it fit good. I had to push the bottom portion a little to get the clips on either side of the hitch in. May be 4 1/4" deep would have been better, but I didn't want to take it out again.

Nicely done! Looks great!

'15 FB25

Should I vinyl wrap the fog light bezel? Gloss or matte? The car had gloss chrome delete and gloss black roof. But I think matte might look better and match with the rest of the foglight part.

I can't decide. Since you've covered all of the other chrome (e.g., on the doors), the small amount on the fog trim doesn't look bad, and I hate fake chrome! I think it's works with the headlights and makes everything look symmetrically boxed on the front end.

If I had to choose (you really want it covered), I'd say match what you've got elsewhere. No one else may notice, but I feel like it would bug me, knowing they're different.

'15 FB25

Hunting down a slight idle stumble with the AC on and decided to get the MAF spray out and give the MAF a cleaning.

Much, much easier than doing it on a 1990's Subbie. On the 90's subbie ya had to pull the air box, with air box removed you remove from MAF. With this car you stand above the engine, remove two screws, pull out MAF and clean. I could do it it a white shirt and not get a spot on it.

Did it clear the slight stumble? Maybe but not 100% sure but will know after driving for a day or two.