LegacyGT.com

What does a busted 5EAT Center diff sound like?

JMLegacy

where you launching? i busted my center diff twice. you WILL notice it when turning and it will sound like a clunk. suspencion parts when they are bad will be noticable on small bumps like turning in your drive way. i shored up my tranny with all the hexmods modifications to make it stronger minus the front LSD mod. im launching at 4 to 4500 rpm with a highstall tq converter. if you center diff is busted you need to stop driving it immediatly or you will drive all that broken debris through your tranny like i did and now your whole 5eat is toast.

OK i guess its ok then. I only hear it sometimes and been hearing it for over a month. A CV boot is busted on the left front. Maybe that's what is causing it.

where you launching? i busted my center diff twice. you WILL notice it when turning and it will sound like a clunk. suspencion parts when they are bad will be noticable on small bumps like turning in your drive way. i shored up my tranny with all the hexmods modifications to make it stronger minus the front LSD mod. im launching at 4 to 4500 rpm with a highstall tq converter. if you center diff is busted you need to stop driving it immediatly or you will drive all that broken debris through your tranny like i did and now your whole 5eat is toast.

I launch mine at 3K, afraid to take it any higher. It's a 2.0L

Archived