LegacyGT.com

Part number for rear subframe rear bushings

The inserts? Or the rear outrigger bushings? Either way Whiteline kit KDT 905 and 906 should be what your after. The one unnumbered in the picture would be the KDT 906 I believe.

Would you recommend the Whiteline kits? I need bushings and I'm thinking OEM aren't so good. I have read Spec B bushings up front are stiffer and more durable than stock, but I know nothing about the rears.

I think you guys are referring to the rear differential bushings.

3 Months ago I went with the prothane 16-1610 insert kit. I know it's not ideal, but for around $20 and a lot less labor, it's another option.

Some picture.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5405158&postcount=11148

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5406071&postcount=11200

When I wrote the posts in the link above, I didn't really notice any difference after installing them. I have noticed one difference since then though. If I'm not in the right gear, say going 25mph in 5th gear and trying to accelerate, there is significantly more driveline vibration after installing the inserts. No big deal in my opinion, but just an observation.

Ok I need to know, I don't want much NVH and i can't get the original part number of the factory bushings.

1. What are these inserts you speak of? My bushings are shot will these fix the rattling?

2. Will the full yellow bushing create too much NVH?

I'm going to replace trailing arm bushing as well, so back end will come down

other than any full metal/pillow ball bushings, most of the stuff from whiteline should have good NVH characteristics. the inserts should be more than enough unless the bushings is really torn or dry rotted out. also, who wants to drop the diff out if you dont need to .

Under normal driving conditions, the increase in NVH should be minimal. I don't think you'll have any problems with a 5EAT. With a MT, there is a slight increase in vibration sometimes when I shift, or when I try to accelerate in the wrong gear, which is rare.

On parts.subaru.com, I can only a select a wagon for 2005, but I would imagine the bushings are the same. They stick the bushings in the "Engine" section, so that might be why they're a little hard to find.

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2005_Legacy25L-TURBO-5AT-4WDGT-Limited-Wagon/_54102_6023468/DIFFERENTIAL-MOUNTING/B13-415-01.html

It looks like whiteline KDT903 is the kit for the legacy.

The inserts should work just fine if your bushings have the voids in them, and are not completely solid. In searching around, I think someone said that some of the early 2005's had solid diff bushings. If you go with the inserts, you will have to support the rear diff with a jack to get the inserts to go in smoothly. The diff can't be too high or too low, so that the voids in the bushings are just the right size for the inserts to go into without any trouble.

Archived