LegacyGT.com

6th Gen owners....who are we??

Thought it would be fun to carry this over from the 5th and 4th gen forums. --post your car...your age/gender...your type of work...how many Subaru's owned....mods to current car (Link if there are lots of mods.) and anything else that might interest the rest of the forum.

-2015 Legacy Limited 2.5i Carbide Gray Metallic

-34/male

-L.E. life to I.T. life (IT Administrator)

-1st Subaru owned (should have started earlier in my life, lol)

Mods:

-Tint: 5%Rear, 25% Front

-Clear Film: Headlights, Fogs, Door Handles

-Debadged

-Painted Black Grill

-Optima Red Top

-Turn as Tail, DRL DC, Morimoto HID's, & LED lighting all around

-Suspension: H&R Springs, SSD Front Strut Tower Bar, 28mm Front Swaybar w/ RaliTek Endlinks. 20mm Rear SwayBar w/Energy Suspension Bushings & AVO Endlinks

-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ Tires

-Interior: Weathertech Liners, CupHolder Phone mount w/velcro (best mod ever, lol), DashCam (F): Would like to tuck and hardline

Still thinking of what 18" wheels to get: Gramlights 57cr (gloss black) or Wedssports RN-55M (gloss black)

BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

50th Anniversary Edition

-Subaru Ambassador

-38/male

-Happily Married (to a Dude)

-Healthcare Administration

-6th Subaru owned since 2013 (2014 XV, 2015 Impreza, 2015 Legacy 2.5 Premium, 2016 Forester XT, 2018 Crosstrek and current car).

No mods on current car.

41/MALE/married/2kids

2017 Legacy pearl white 2.5i premium

Wheels-17x7.5 40 w/stock tires

Full splitters kit

Yakima roof rack/load warrior cargo rack

Wells window visor

2016 wrx axle back exhaust

DD C-lights,tail as turn,demon eyes w/rgb remote control

DDM 55watt HID

Auxbeam led bulb in high beam

Auxbeam 20”LED bar

Takeda intake system

20mm RSB

Magellan front/rear dash cams

2 pairs of Hella Suoertone Horns

Fortin Evo-One remote start/alarm

5%tint on rear and35% in front

H&R lowering springs

Avery gloss black roof vinyl

Still waiting on JDM grille

Just ordered ATS calipers & brackets

30 year old male, I’m single.

I work for the power company and lots of people drive Subaru’s here.

I have both a 2010 2.5i legacy and 2018 3.6 Subaru Legacy.

On my 2010 only mods are hid headlights and hid fogs and tints. Rest is stock.

On my 2018 I have replaced the grille with the JDM grille, full hood clear bra, full rear bumper clear bra, chrome deleted window trims, body side molding, door edge guards.

Next step is to get some enkei rims and maybe get a nice 20mm sway bar.

Rear backing tail lights have been replaced with led, door courtesy lights are changing from stock yellow to led, also the visor lights changing from yellow to led.

I also added remote start, factory oem, not the best but it’s functional.

I changed the garbage tires form the eagle ls2 to the Continental dws06. Best decision ever.

I plan on getting the JDM front lip sometimes this summer, just don’t feel like spending $500 for such a minor upgrade yet.

Other than that this enthusiast is happy!

Early 30s white collar male.

On my 4th Subaru. 1st was a Legacy Limited, 2nd a WRX, 3rd an Outback XT Limited.

2018 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited

Valentine One Radar Detector w/ SAVVY & V1connection

SunTek Clear Bra

DieHard Advanced Gold Battery (size 34)

Vantrue N2 Pro Dash Cam w/ GPS Mount (hardwired)

VicoVation Vico Power PLUS Battery Discharge Prevention Device

SSD Strut Tower Brace

H&R Sport Springs (1.5" drop)

Subaru OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar

Subaru OEM CVT Cooler

30% Window Tint & 5% Sunroof Tint

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ Tires

Later:

Xtreme Racing Tuning engine & CVT tune

Raptor Superchargers Gen6 Headers

Nameless Performance Axelback Exhaust

41/MALE/married/2kids

2017 Legacy pearl white 2.5i premium

Wheels-17x7.5 40 w/stock tires

Full splitters kit

Yakima roof rack/load warrior cargo rack

2016 wrx axle back exhaust

DD C-lights,tail as turn,demon eyes w/rgb remote control

DDM 55watt HID

Auxbeam led bulb in high beam

Auxbeam 20”LED bar

Takeda intake system

20mm RSB

Magellan front/rear dash cams

2 pairs of Hella Suoertone Horns

Fortin Evo-One remote start/alarm

5%tint on rear and35% in front

H&R lowering springs

Avery gloss black roof vinyl

Still waiting on JDM grille

Just ordered ATS calipers & brackets

Nice setup. Ive been thinking about getting a roof rack with the Load warrior cargo rack w/ bike mount. Out of curiosity, how much did it cost to get your roof wrapped?

BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

Nice setup. Ive been thinking about getting a roof rack with the Load warrior cargo rack w/ bike mount. Out of curiosity, how much did it cost to get your roof wrapped?

Thanks,vinyl cost me $60 and installed myself.

68... Male... Married...

2018 Legacy 3.6R Black/Black...

Other Vehicles...

2001 Ford SVT Lightnin'... Red...

2017 Outback 2.5... White...

1972 Porsche 911T... Sepia Brown...

Lazy Bum that lives off his Wife...

Now, 'Get Off My Lawn'...

:)

2015 3.6r

81k Miles

Ron

48 Male

Retired Military

JDM Sport Grill

JDM Chrome Trunk Garnish

JDM DAMD Steering Wheel

JDM Kenstyle Aluminum Paddle Shifters

JDM Sti Push Button Starter

JDM Rear Bumper Skirt

JDM Sti Front Tower Bar

Cusco Rear Strut Bar

Spoiler King Rear Trunk Spoiler

Perrin 22mm Rear Strut Bar

Kart Boy Rear Endlinks

Airrex Air Suspension

Rolloface 356mm Big Brake Kit

AFE Power(Takada) Intake

Killer Glass Radiator Hose

XK Glow Led Kit

HornBlasters Kit

Hella Supertones

2017 Legacy Sport Side Skirts

2017 Legacy Sport Switch Panels and Bezels

2017 Legacy Sport Steering Wheel Switches

2017 Legacy Sport Center Vent

2017 Legacy Sport Fog Bezels

Weds Kranze Bazreia 3 piece 19 x 8.5 +41

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

39/Male/Married w/ 2 kids

2018 3.6R 50th anniversary edition

First Subaru AND first Sedan (had three Grand Cherokees prior)

Love it so far! Wish it had remote start and a heated steering wheel but has everything else I wanted with more value for the price than anything else.

33 / Dude / Married w/ 1 dog child. IT professional working out of NYC.

This is our first Subaru that we paid for.....but we are a big Subaru family with many other Subies amongst our family and friends.

My parents got our first Subaru in 1998, when we got our 99 Forester. My parents were hit by a drunk driver within a year and then they got a 2000 Forester....this was all before I could drive.

I was gifted the old 2000 Forester when she upgraded to her 2008 Legacy 2.5i Limited. The Forester lasted me for years and years till the bottom end spun a bearing at 200k after having done the head gaskets.....anyway, so yeah, this is our first Subaru since then.

Our 2017 Legacy 2.5 Limited now has 21k on it. It's my wife's DD. Only mods are a 20mm CrossTrek RSB, WellVisors vent visors, Subaru sunroof visor, and ProMount dash mount phone mount.

My DD is a 2002 Ford Escape XLT, which was my wifes car before the Legacy. I also have a 1998 Mustang Cobra (lots of mods), a 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe (lots of mods, but needs a resto), and 1999 Ford E-250 van (w/ 283k all original).

43/divorced/3 kids/2 grandkids/lots of cats and dogs/popo for last 20 yrs, 5 more to go.

First and last Subaru unless they announce a BRZ convertible. At 63k currently.

No mods. Just 35% tint, roof wrap, wellvisors.

No major repairs (unless you count new control modules after my daughter shot the car). Replaced tires and rear brakes within the last year.

Daughter turns 16 at the end of the year. I will be giving her the car. Rightfully so as it was her first kill.

I originally left BMW and switched to Subaru to get the BRZ but my son wouldn’t fit in the back so we tried the Forester and Legacy and they chose the Legacy because it had heated rear seats. I said my next car will be a convertible and there are no plans for a Subaru convertible so I’m going back to BMW to get a 440i xdrive convertible. It’s awd and has a hard top so it will be fine for winters. I may eventually come back for a BRZ as a fun car when I retire. It should be next gen by then with bigger engine? Not that it needs it.

First and last Subaru unless they announce a BRZ convertible.

A Legacy convertible? may be?

If Nissan can bring out a murano convertible, I think any car can be a convertible. Even a damn Fit or a corolla!

... I think any car can be a convertible.

Safety issues aside, a convertible is a nightmare for the chassis structural engineer who has to design it. You can't just chop the top off an existing design. The usual result is a super-flexy chassis that weighs a lot more than its hard-top counterpart.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Safety issues aside, a convertible is a nightmare for the chassis structural engineer who has to design it. You can't just chop the top off an existing design. The usual result is a super-flexy chassis that weighs a lot more than its hard-top counterpart.

Totally agree...Have a 1990 Mustang 5.0 7-up limited edition....Nice car around town with the top down but lousy driving on trips.....Had it for five years....If not for being part of Ford's 50th anniversary display at SEMA 2014 I would have gotten rid of it.....

58 years old, married,first Subaru.....Went AWD after owning a 2014 Camry with a whiney tranny and a 2013 Fusion with two rebuilt tranny.....Just tint and America's Tire wheels on it plus K and N drop in air filter....Have 43k on it..Drive about 85 miles round trip, getting around 30-31 mpg with Chevron regular...Have two mountain ranges to cross, hence the mpg numbers....Got about a year and eight months to retirement so probably keep the Subie......Had small problems with the car but it seems dealers are the major disappointment with me...But that with the pass three cars I've owned...I'm on my third dealer with the Subie and the first visit to this one didn't impress me....Overfilled the oil by one quart and spilled oil on the air cleaner snorkel.....Subaru of America is great by the way...Guess dealers hire techs that just don't care or are in too much of hurry....Rant over.....

Archived