LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

I'm so thankful that you took this project up. I contacted a half-dozen different turbo shops to acquire a bigger flapper to do the same thing, and nobody was willing or had a larger flapper to sell me.

You have to know what and how to ask, lol. Maybe one of the forum vendors will take this up for us. A semi steady stream of machine work...no other investment required by them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The flapper would foul the arm if it was any closer.

Note also this a TD05H-18G hybrid in VF-54 housings. The larger turbine already goes a long way toward curing boost creep.

...interesting, any chance that BNR is still offering billet 18G upgrade for the 5th gen?

Edited by Syndicate

...interesting, any chance that BUT is still offering billet 18G upgrade for the 5th gen?

BUT? Autocorrect fail for BNR?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I've seen Bryan do oversized wastegates on other turbos so I know he has the ability to do this. He's very responsive to inquiries. The question will be whether or not he has any housings on hand to modify.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I've seen Bryan do oversized wastegates on other turbos so I know he has the ability to do this. He's very responsive to inquiries. The question will be whether or not he has any housings on hand to modify.

Sarang should be done with the communal one soon, so hit me up if anyone wants to get on board with that mod. We can send the housing directly to BNR.

• 1 month later...

Lol I'm still looking at my options on a tune.

I was talking to Circuit Motorsports about them doing it. They'd like to change plugs, smoked test and something else. They also would have liked me to have a grimmspeed ebc. A little too rich for my taste with my tiny mod list.

I think my plan is to get the ebc, change plugs, then get an etune for now.

As I figure out what direction I want with future mods I'll look to CMS for a final tune.

Edited by Starks

Wait, they wanted almost $500 for an etune? The other vendors I looked at was $250 for stage 2 with all the parts I had which included the ebcs, intake & headers. If i would of added injectors, it would of been 350 because of the fueling change.

Holy crap. I need to raise my prices!

Wait, they wanted almost $500 for an etune? The other vendors I looked at was $250 for stage 2 with all the parts I had which included the ebcs, intake & headers. If i would of added injectors, it would of been 350 because of the fueling change.

If I would have known that up front I would have went for a dyno tune.

Man, every time I look into the tuning topic I get more and more good info. If a vendor tells me an etune is close to 500, I'm def going to Circuit Motorsports instead.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lol I'm still looking at my options on a tune.

I was talking to Circuit Motorsports about them doing it. They'd like to change plugs, smoked test and something else. They also would have liked me to have a grimmspeed ebc. A little too rich for my taste with my tiny mod list.

I think my plan is to get the ebc, change plugs, then get an etune for now.

As I figure out what direction I want with future mods I'll look to CMS for a final tune.

This actually all sounds reasonable to me, although you didn't mention the cost. Just about every tuner I've talked to recommends replacing spark plugs. I ended up needing a EBCS, but mine was beginning to corrode and wasn't keeping boost control level. And it looks like they want to test the car before putting it on the dyno and having it do repeat red-line pulls. I guess it depends on what the "something else" is, I suppose.

I seem to recall circuit wanted me to change my fuel pump as well. Which I may do when I do my timing belt anyway as a pm.

Yeah! That's what it was. They suggested fuel pump. They offered to do all that, (at a cost of course) and had parts in stock.

I mean the service they provide sounds awesome. Prep and Get it right the first time, minimize the chance of things not working out. The time I was contacting them they had a small sale going on so I started poking around even more. If I go with them it won't be immediate because I'm literally closing on a new house in a week, then comes appliances and other stuff. Wife would flip if I dropped big cash on car mods. So it has to wait a few.

I want to finish up this ebc, while I'm down there put on this new bpv. Then do my plugs myself when things calm down. Then tune. I'll be more than happy to post the results of this Nameless dp.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have to give props to Cryotune. They are doing my 18g 91/e85 tune and have shown a level of care and knowledge i didn't see in my previous tuners. Price reasonable.

You can PM them once you search for their user name here.

I have to give props to Cryotune. They are doing my 18g 91/e85 tune and have shown a level of care and knowledge i didn't see in my previous tuners. Price reasonable.

You can PM them once you search for their user name here.

And why are you selling your VF54 on eBay when you have a captive market right here on the forum? No other car on the planet uses the VF54. That's not a very good community attitude.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-low-miles-TURBO-SUBARU-LEGACY-GT-10-11-12-VF54-IHI-/263044366324?hash=item3d3eaa7ff4:g:hJMAAOSwuMZZDku9&vxp=mtr