LegacyGT.com

Engine cover?

I just picked up my 2015 legacy 2.5 limited and it appears to me that the plastic cover on top of the engine is missing? Did these vehicles come with a plastic engine cover? To me, it looks like there should be one on there as there are what appears to be a few mounting points on the intake manifold. Anyone on here have the same car and actually can verify if there’s supposed to be a cover? Stupid question, I know, but I’m just curious!

Thanks!

I actually have the same issue. I too am curious

I picked mine up from CarMax like that. It wasn't until I did the first oil change that I noticed the mount points for it. By that point it was too late to complain to carmax.

Seems like such an odd thing to be missing from the car though

The 2.5 does not have a cosmetic engine cover ... only a vestigial safety cover over the accessory drive belt.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

I bought my 3.6R used, and it came with an engine cover. Two months ago, I took it to the dealer to check out an AC problem. Apparently I haven't popped the hood since then because today I went out to check my oil level and my engine cover was gone! I also found the High side AC cap just sitting right on top of my battery; pretty amazing it has stayed there for 2000 miles of driving.

I called the dealership and they're ordering one for me for free which I found surprising considering how long it has been. So I'm not that impressed by their service this past time, but at least they're replacing what went missing for me.

Archived