LegacyGT.com

All my PSI is escaping! Burst hose, need your help...

• I Donated Too

Okay. I can't find a replacement hose... I need the hive mind to help me find a replacement.

I need to go from the throttle body which is 2.75" to the outlet on the TM intercooler which is 2.5" - The hose needs to be 7" long...

I can not find a suitable hose. Typical reducer/transition hoses are just 4" long.

The original hose was part of the kit with the intercooler which is now discontinued. I have called Turbonetics and they say get the hose from Vibrant. Vibrant do not have a hose like this.

The original hose is very soft silicon which makes it easy to install on this particular intercooler, the hose can be collapsed by hand and pops back to shape without a fight but is still very strong. Space is tight and removing the intercooler is extremely involved - a typical thick wall Vibrant hose would be a nightmare to use.

The original hose visually looks like a VenAir piece but again I can't find the actual part.

Does anyone have any clues? 2.5" to 2.75" and 7" long - pictures below are the item in question next to a typical straight 2.75" Vibrant hose.

IMG_4040.JPG.b42cfc12e73a2d43857d7be8388b1105.JPG

IMG_4041.JPG.ec0bc17fc6562016880d895d2d31db65.JPG

• I Donated Too

This is the VenAir page where I see something which really looks visually correct and possibly where Spearco/Turbonetics sourced the component from and why I am thinking it's a Venair part. Right/wrong????

http://www.venair.com/en/industrial/products/aerospace/straight-reducer--vena-sil-200-240

venair.PNG.a5182c4ca1f6b7e962143ebb952200dc.PNG

Not much help but looks right to me.. Any possibility the original company got Vibrant and VenAir mixed up? Depending how much it costs, I'd just buy one and see what it looks like.

Alternatively you could match up a 2.75-2.5 inch reducer, along with some extra hose and coupler of one of those sizes, cut to length. Probably easier than looking for the exact part, albeit slightly kludgy.

• I Donated Too

Will be a real struggle to work that thick walled hose and a coupler in that space, 4 T-Clamps too - there's just no easy dance with the intercooler so rigid in place, it's bolted to the gearbox!

$65 worth of parts but it is better than a torn hose which is all I have now. I will order so at least I have those but I can't understand why someone can't make a longer silicone reducer... either end, wouldn't matter - 6" either side with the reducer in the middle then you can cut to length. I can't understand why something like that doesn't exist... of course, I have found a 6" version... 1" too short.

Archived