LegacyGT.com

Rear camber adjustment

Th3Franz

Searched around but still have some questions.

What parts have you guys swapped to be able to adjust your camber in the rear?

I found a few options from adjustable links to an eccentric bushing that Whiteline makes. What's the best value for adjustable camber links?

Also, how much camber are you able to get out of these setups? I have noticed that my wide tires are tight on clearance on the inbound side (signs of rubbing on the inner plastic, I think only when compressed a lot) but I am looking at running more camber in the rear due to the outside shoulders of the tires wearing a lot.

You need adjustable lower control arms. Perrin used to make them, but I'm not sure if they are still available. I got some equivalent pieces from a vendor on this forum. Can't remember who it was. In any case, they shouldn't be too hatd to fabricate. When you increase the rear neg camber, you will have to adjust the toe using the existing inboard eccentric bushings. Since these have a tendency to freeze up, check them before replacing the lower control arms. Otherwise, you'll be making two trips to the alignment shop.

I was easily able to get 12 degrees - which helped my 245/40/17 tires clear the fender tops. I still had to roll the fenders and then had to use 1/16" spacers to allow the inner tire walls to clear the suspension. Then - I ended up with too much rear grip and had to increase the front neg camber to - 3.

Archived