LegacyGT.com

who's taken apart their trunk lid lining?

i've seen on subaruoutback.org for the past 2 years how no one has figured out an interior trunk release. i have the back off for a back up camera that needs to be hooked up and i just figured out how to release the hatch from inside. it looks like a cable runs inside and i imagine a legacy has an interior emergency release so i imagine the actual latch is the same part between the two cars. there is an emergency release inside on legacies, right? i imagine i can just put that handle into the interior hatch trim. i did put a handle on their so you can close it from the inside. my wife's friend was so happy i did that cuz they borrow my car to sleep in the back at a concert. id love to paint lez-b-inn on the back but i dont think that'd go over to well, especially considering my wife's reaction to "lesbaru" on the back where it said subaru.

We recently took it apart on mine with nstg8r to install the GTSpec RSTB.

I'm sure others will chip in too.

Yep, we have an emergency release too. I didn't see the cable but didn't really look for it. We were trying to find a trailer or rear-fog light power source and we might be onto something tucked away by the rear seats on the driver's side... didn't have enough time (it was freezing) to explore further but will do next time we take the lining out. Its super easy, a couple of pins up front by the chairs once you lay them flat, a few more by where the mesh cargo trays go in front of each wheel well and then just remove one by one (first the trunk liner, then each side). 5 minutes tops with an empty trunk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived