LegacyGT.com

Rain Guards

Bdoublet7

• 3 weeks later...
They're sought after bc they're from Japan and they have a different look from the oem ones. This site never lets me post pics on here for some reason or I'd show you. Mine are from prova and are discontinued which adds to the "sought after" factor

One thing I can say about the Provas is they are VERY FUNCTIONAL. The summer I drove across the US I hit some downpours in Kansas,Colorado, and Ohio. Could have the windows cracked at 65-80mph and not a drop came inside.

Don't know if this holds true but when I didn't want to run my a/C they created a slight draft to bring in fresh air. Seems the groove has something to do with that.

Thanks for sharing those pics Humble, refreshing to see it in its prime rather than in the garage

Heh. I don't see myself getting rid of them anytime soon. If I repaint the trim, it'll be with a high quality automotive finish so the guards can go on top. At this point, though, the chance of that happening is small. Too many other priorities to sink money into a minor project like that.

I saw a set on a northwest subie page for sale last summer. Haven't seen a set since.

Actually, now that I think about it... that might have been the set I picked up. He posted them here, and on Facebook, plus I'm sure a few other places. It was certainly a really nice evening out when I picked them up.

One thing I can say about the Provas is they are VERY FUNCTIONAL. The summer I drove across the US I hit some downpours in Kansas,Colorado, and Ohio. Could have the windows cracked at 65-80mph and not a drop came inside.

Don't know if this holds true but when I didn't want to run my a/C they created a slight draft to bring in fresh air. Seems the groove has something to do with that.

Thanks for sharing those pics Humble, refreshing to see it in its prime rather than in the garage

interesting.. how much were those?

car looks great btw.

interesting.. how much were those?

car looks great btw.

I paid $260 for mine. The person I had bought them from had already imported them from Japan. He happened to have noticed them and scooped them up, along with some other JDM goodies to fill up a shipping pallet. Once he got them state-side, he listed them. This was the first week of September.

I have no idea how much it would cost in order to find them available in Japan and have them shipped yourself.

• 1 year later...
In the end they all do the same thing though

Are they really all the same? These are the ones I'm looking at for my 2014 Legacy. What do you think? Can't beat the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Out-Channel-2MM-Visors-5pc-Deflector-Sunroof-for-Subaru-Legacy-B4-4D-09-14/232601826558?hash=item36282634fe:g:NAQAAOSwPpZaOH9~&vxp=mtr

I think I'd go with the OEM ones before those... weathertech makes a nice set, too

The ebay ones you linked to appear to just use adhesive tape to bond them to the door - not sure how secure that's going to be in the long run.

Archived