LegacyGT.com

Weird switch found in driver side fuse box

Is it a manual transmission car?

I sell little kits to defeat the clutch starter interlock switch on MT cars, so the car can be started without stepping on the clutch. Some people wire that defeat to a switch, and that little driver's side fuse box would be the logical location for one.

If you connect the wires and can then start the car without stepping on the clutch, but cannot do so with the wires unconnected, that's what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Started installing my 2008 Spec B black dash panels. Turns out I'm still missing some things to make the pieces fit well.

Anyway, here's a shot of the back of the switch. The wire appears to run across the back of the radio to the passenger side. I'll chase it down once I finish tearing down the rest of the dash.

fuse_panel_switch.thumb.jpg.1ab3ac6cb03a1a512cd32f50ca3985b2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Update: Turns out this wire runs behind the radio and is connected to a Super SCA Tuner.

I have no idea what this is and Google doesn't have much info on it either. :confused:

JDM Double-Din kit arriving soon so I'll be tearing this out if anyone wants it. :lol:

super_sca_tuner.thumb.jpg.33061635810327ccf56b0f2adc4b9023.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thought about this thread the other day and was going to suggest it to be a brake light kill switch, but I see it's been discovered. I don't know many people who have just casually installed or tampered with their brake light switches anyway.

I have considered it. It could be a decent police countermeasure when doing a little spirited driving. Not recommending this or encouraging anyone to do this.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Thought about this thread the other day and was going to suggest it to be a brake light kill switch, but I see it's been discovered. I don't know many people who have just casually installed or tampered with their brake light switches anyway.

I have considered it. It could be a decent police countermeasure when doing a little spirited driving. Not recommending this or encouraging anyone to do this.

As long as brake light mods that no one would do or recommend that anyone else should do are being discussed, it might be wired to be both a kill and an on switch. It could be used to show brake lights to folks up in your backside without actually touching your brakes. But no one would do this, nor should they.

maybe it shorts the jumper to allow a tune to be flashed?
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT