LegacyGT.com

Weapon R intake for 2.5i

Well got bored yesterday and was determined to find someone that makes a intake for our NA's. Well found that weapon r makes an intake and emailed their R and D guys to confirm that it fits a Non-turbo. Sure enough it does. So hopefully by the end of the week Ill have the intake, can get some pics and make sure it fits?!
...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah but answer this. i am looking at there site and maybe its just me but it only goes up to a 04. so is that compatible with an 05-06 as well?

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

pic of engine bay / my own creation with K&N panel filter

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2421/s30101553jo.th.jpg

i had it set up like this, using a wrx sensor housing which is the same diameter pipe as the stock sensor housing,,,and i was running to lean to the point where i actually stalled,,,,so im curious to see their design

http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/979/s30100375cl.th.jpg

give us the link then. cause the one that i was looking at only went up to an 04 but had an 05 but for the forester and something else.

OTM.

i am curious as well. i have read in other posts about problems with the maf housinng. i am curious if this is going to work. i know along with some others they are concerned if it actually is a direct fit replacement. so keep us posted. if indeed it does work ill prob be ordering one as well. dont know which one i would want to go with the secret weapon intake or the dragon intake? i kinda liked the 136 dollar one myself but i am cheap like that.

OTM.

thats what i did...i got a wrx intake and the sensor housing was right size and the sensor fit but i got bad readings....

so if these guys are selling a impreza 2.5rs kit than just because it fits, doesnt mean its gonna work right

we may have a very picky computer

http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/979/s30100375cl.th.jpg

it seemed to work very well while driving, but i had a very rough idle and it acually died once..

just bumping for the 21st. wanting to see about this intake. hopefully it all matches up maf and all. it doesnt say a whole lot. i know another person said they had probs with theres. so i am anxious.

OTM.

well like i said the only thing i am concerned about it the maf housing. if it is a direct fit specifically made for this model i will be good. i am not wanting to piece together something becuase everyone that i have read that has done this has had issues on the maf housing.

OTM.

it seemed to work very well while driving, but i had a very rough idle and it acually died once..

my car decided to die on me 2 days ago too, and it is stock. sometimes it is sputtering at idle. did u try resetting the ecu ?

Well, got the intake today, most say it was packaged well and came with a lot of knick-knacks like poster, decals etc. Looked at the pic in the instructions, looked at the pipe, looked back in the engine bay and for some reason Subaru decided to put the ABS unit where the filter goes...lol. Yup, the filter is suppose to sit exactly where the abs is. So it DOSN'T FIT to say the least. Now i get to try to return this thing. Oh well, guess it couldnt hurt.
...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

heres the pic they sent me. you can see where the filter goes and where the abs is different.

So that final kink before the filter should be straight or kink the other way. Can the section between the maf sensor and filter be turned upside down?

hum.... kinda got me stumped. how much did you pay for that intake by the way. is it a mistake on there part? cuz i thought that you said that you called them and they said it would be a direct fit?

OTM.

Archived