LegacyGT.com

(97 legacy shuddering/shaking

Looking for some ideas on what could be causing my 97 legacy to shudder/shake. It started a few weeks ago. It would shudder hard when I reversed. When in drive it was fine but there was a vibration above 50 mph. It stopped the shuddering for a couple weeks but still had the vibration. I took it to a shop and they told me it was a broken motor mount and quoted me $700. Yesterday the shuddering was back but this time its when i reverse and any time I accelerate from a stop or when ive slowed down. I bought the parts and took it to my brother inlaw to fix. He pulled the old mounts and transmission mount and they were all fine. He went ahead and replaced them anyway with no luck, the shudder is still there. I don't know what else to do. Ive changed plugs,tires,balanced them,o2 sensors been replaced, throttle body an Maf sensor cleaned. I feel the shudder the most where the center console is and it also makes a loud chittering sound when it shudders. Any ideas? Edited by ScoobyRoo97
Typo

Hard to say through this wire. Is it only when moving, or is it stationary in gear? Manual or auto?

If only when moving after the things you've done I'd inspect the drive shaft (Subaru calls it the propeller shaft) carrier bearing.

If also when stopped, then I'd say it is something causing the engine to miss and buck.