LegacyGT.com

What you guys doing to your legacy need some ideas

I'm waiting for my donor GT to get back so I can strip it and convert my other car to RWD and Manual. Then just gotta swap some of the GT/JDM bits, do some body work (rust repair) and eventually do air ride. Also got an aluminum overflow tank and possibly do a full aluminum rad and better fans.

Not to sidetrack too far, but Brighton don't put too big of a radiator on these EJ motors. With the thermostat on the intake side my Mishimoto for a 2016 BRZ stays cool enough at 20F or bow that the thermostat does not open unless I block off most of the radiator. So, my motor overheats only when it gets cold outside.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Make it run again, turbo subframe, 04sti aluminum control arms and sway bar links. (I have a 16mm wagon non turbo sway bar and a 94 legacy ss turbo sway bar that I think is 14mm. Not sure what fits yet) for more track width up front. Strut tower bar, cheap coils for now. Enkei rpf 1 17x9 +35 light weight wheels. I have 255 square on it now, but I'm going to go back to a 235 for more sidewall stiffness. Eventually going with the white line drop kit with a more aggressive ball joint and tie rod end link design since I'm slammed w/ rolled fenders for now. Doing molded widebody this year using 240sx rear fenders flipped for the front and a set of 99 imprezza widebody rears I'll have to basically rebuild entirely. Going with a good scoop and probably a not broken grill. Rear strut bar coming soon. With all the suspension work I'll be rebuilding the leaky power steering pump and replacing the rack. Then doing an alignment with camber bolts at each corner to hopefully bring the huge 17x9 inch wheels back to a normal alignment. I'd sure love to get some darton sleeves in my ej22t factory closed deck block this year too.

After having a short block I'd like to get some better cams for my ported ej20k heads and finally take the time to measure out everything for a shimless bucket conversion. My billet 18g could really use the sti yellows I need to have sent out and cleaned and flow tested. Having 8 total I though about decapping them to run e85 full time and get a microsquirt or speeduino ecu.

The 5 speed won't live tobmax out the turbo so a 6 speed swap eventually, then zo6 brakes up front and compound turbo setup utilizing the 18gtx as the small turbo. I've been playing with the idea of a 3 turbo compound system that utilizes a really small turbo just for initial spool from 2krpms until whenever the 18gtx hits target boost redirect the spool turbos upipe into the largest of the compound turbos to optimize spool.

I haven't counted the I/o requirements for a multi stage compound setup that would require a series of wastegates and boost controllers to direct airflow to maximize spool. Ideally I'd like to be making at least 250whp from 2000 rpms with as much top end as drivetrain will allow. Sure would be nice to start over and port and build up some ej20k dual avcs heads for all this effort though.

Edited by Senseless1

Do you guys know how to tell how an exhaust sounds when you’re looking for an exhaust system. Because I want one for my 97 Subaru Legacy but I want a loud but deep sound for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only really way is to go to meets like boxerfest and talk to owners. Ideally if you want a deep Subaru sound you need unequal length headers and a muffler. Keep your catalytic converter or else it'll be quite raspy.

If your 97 is single port I have a UEL I'm not using now that I'm turbo. I also have a set of cat delete pipes as well, but as I mentioned I found it to be too raspy without cats.

Any decent magnaflow or N1 type muffler will give you loud and deep tone, but it'll drastically improve with a UEL exhaust manifold. If you're near Maryland I could let the parts go cheap enough to make it worth your while to hear what they sound like on your car

The only really way is to go to meets like boxerfest and talk to owners. Ideally if you want a deep Subaru sound you need unequal length headers and a muffler. Keep your catalytic converter or else it'll be quite raspy.

If your 97 is single port I have a UEL I'm not using now that I'm turbo. I also have a set of cat delete pipes as well, but as I mentioned I found it to be too raspy without cats.

Any decent magnaflow or N1 type muffler will give you loud and deep tone, but it'll drastically improve with a UEL exhaust manifold. If you're near Maryland I could let the parts go cheap enough to make it worth your while to hear what they sound like on your car

I’m in Washington my number is (360) 551-5294 if you wanna send me a text to talk about it more thanks @%1;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

current exterior

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12446

got a few parts ready to go for the ext, probably next year or something once i'm ready to do all the bodywork. hipposleek rear wing, jdm smoke tail lights to match my jdm smoke headlights, cf hood, bug shield on hood, window visors... will probably eventually get an alum skid plate.

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12440

interior is done. full leather: front seats and cd player from a 04? legacy, rear sears and door panels from a 99 limited, full wood panel trim (except for steering wheel, not worth the hassle of pulling the wheel off imo)... freshly shampooed (in the before-quarantine days when you could still rent a rug dr...)

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12416

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12426

got the ac delete, stage 1 clutch, full sti engine/trans mounts, lwfw, hoa, marine deep cycle battery, grounding kit, big 3, cai, short shifter, poly shifter bushings... iirc most of the rest is stock

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12622

suspension, got f&r strut bars, shocks replaced w kgb not too long ago, will probably do king oem height springs soon... debating whether or not to do whiteline sway bars & endlinks, maybe just the endlinks... will probably eventually get rally spec rims and do sti brake upgrade, braided lines.

other stuff in the works: dual exit exhaust from an 06 gt, lwcp, maybe powdercoat the intake manifold, probably some other stuff i can't remember rn

debating: abs delete, ps delete. depends if i really want to commit to never passing inspection.

Edited by Leggyobw97