LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

Update on Mine. I got the bung out of my Cobb downpipe finally. Had to use a IR Titanium impact to zip it out. I couldnt get it out with a ratchet and cheater pipe to save my life.

So I Calibrated and programmed the LC1 according to the intstructions. Calibrated it to air and installed in the bung.

My first test today shows the VBG1 reading 1 point lower than my Cobb AP.

If I am driving steady down the highway or warm at an idle the Cobb AP reads 14.7 and the VBG1 reads 13.7

Any ideas on my they are reading different?

Thanks

Greg

Edited by Scooby2.5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it would not be margin of error. You can't have a margin of error when messing with AFR.

14.7 is the standard AFR.

Something is not correct either the O2 sensor is not reading correct, the LC1 brick or the gauge is not applying the voltage correct.

If I am driving steady down the highway or warm at an idle the Cobb AP reads 14.7 and the VBG1 reads 13.7

Margin of error for the VBG1 should be +/- 0.1 AFR.

I good way to check this out is use a volt meter directly at the input to the VBG1 sending unit and measure the AFR voltage. I just double checked and 13.1AFR should read about 1.6V and 14.1 AFR should read about 2.1V

if the cobb is connected to the same analog output, the cobb may be current stealing. If the Cobb and VBG1 are on different analog output channels the ground potential could be different if they are not tied an the same spot.

The LC-1 configs should look like this:

238407784_LC-1Configs.JPG.7ac146ecb8b3f2276d840eec93f7611d.JPG

Wiring:

908586210_LC-1Wireup.JPG.2c334aa3fba0ed4c1ebc09f292053403.JPG

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

Cobb AP is connected to OBD2 port, its reading the factory O2 sensor via the computer.

This really has everything to do with either the voltage coming out of the LC1 or the way the gauge is reading it.

Any ideas what voltage should give you 14.7?

Friend of mine has a zietronics external gauge with the same O2 sensor stuck in a Cobb down pipe and his is spot on.

Ill do some voltage checks when I get some time.

I did double check all of your config settings and also recalibrated the O2 sensor to air and it still reads 13.7 when it should be 14.7.

The wiring is also correct, and I did make sure to ground them to the same point.

I was only using my AP to check it to make sure the car was indeed at 14.7 as it should be.

Cobb tuning tuned my car and I do know it reads 14.7 when it should, I just need to find out why the LC1/VBG1 is not reading correct.

Edited by Scooby2.5

I had a strange happening yesterday. Started the car and the OLED's were all wonky. My volts were displayed in the left but they were off-centered, abnormally large and half the digits were cut off on the lower part of the screen. The right screen was mostly blank with just a few pixels lit up.

I swiped the buttons and the screen turned off. I swiped it back on and everything was fine.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I have almost got the AFR input via PLX SM-AFR ready to go. I have it working for a PLX single sensor chain. However I have on order a second sensor to check the daisy chain configuration.

From my understanding you can gang multiple sensors together on the serial line using the TX->RX connections throughout the chain.

I'm programming the VBG1 to grab the value of the first AFR sensor it sees on the chain.

Not sure why you would have two AFR sensors for your setup - but this guy did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOznbhMDFdo]PLX DM-6 Multi Gauge Lamborghini Gallardo Install - YouTube[/ame]

Guess I should really change the screen to say ZT2/3 - looks like they are the same linear output voltage map to AFR. So yes this will work for both.

I have it working here - it's not shipping yet because I'm going to release the PLX compatibility at the same time. The version which will support the zeitronic zt-2/3 and PLX compatibility will be version 1.05b4.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110676&thumb=1&d=1326900975

Guess I should really change the screen to say ZT2/3 - looks like they are the same linear output voltage map to AFR. So yes this will work for both.

I have it working here - it's not shipping yet because I'm going to release the PLX compatibility at the same time. The version which will support the zeitronic zt-2/3 and PLX compatibility will be version 1.05b4.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110676&thumb=1&d=1326900975

Ok great, so 1.05.b4 will simply be a software revision correct? I can go ahead and purchase the vbg-1 1.05 and just wait for the software update to be released? I'm still undecided on how I want to proceed with wideband/ a/f solutions yet and I've heard nothing but good things about the zt2 and zt3.

That's correct - be sure to buy the programming cable if you plan to update. I hope to have the update out in about a week. If you configure the gauge to use analog input AFR via LC-1 temporarily - you should only notice an offset of .5 AFR - due to the difference in the output profile between LC-1 and ZT2/3.

I think the AFR via PLX option is a good functionality to add to VBG1 because it's a pure digital interface, and there are no concerns about grounding or improper analog output configuration. Great suggestion jayway - thanks!

Update:

I Think the AFR display via PLX is good to go. I would like to try it out on a beta tester if someone is interested, I don't have plx in my car, so I don't have long hours of testing on this new code. As you can see from the pic I picked up some PLX units and tested this thing out on the benchtop. Seems to be working good, if your interested let me know and I will send out a coupon.

Integration is pretty easy - you plug the serial (audio) cable in from the last PLX SENSOR unit to the VBG1 Serial jack and select "AFR-PLC" for Aux input in the configuration menu. The VBG1 should auto detect the sensor for AFR only and display the data.

1887941811_afrconnectPLX.jpg.fcee99f4679ac650f2b50c8515270997.jpg