LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Glass coverage from your insurance provider is usually pretty cheap.

I kept comprehensive coverage on all cars even though they are all paid off long time ago. Need to do the math if it is worth going though insurance since my deductible is high but thanks for reminder. I am just so used to paying everything out of pocket for LGT ;););)

Wish Dishwasher would check back with his insurance insights.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I kept comprehensive coverage on all cars even though they are all paid off long time ago. Need to do the math if it is worth going though insurance since my deductible is high but thanks for reminder. I am just so used to paying everything out of pocket for LGT ;););)

Wish Dishwasher would check back with his insurance insights.

Rescheduled same appointment via my insurance, should be my deductible of $250 out of pocket and rest picked up by insurance.

Waiting for parts and said it's gonna take a couple days to do the work, but Subaru's fixing my brakes.

How much did you have to push the issue with dealer and/or Subaru? Kind of becoming a thing to know for us holding to our cars long term.

Installed a new to me shift knob, no more annoying rattling now.

48744685762_0c8a54d4f6.jpg

Helped or watched MassaiWarrior return his LGT to stock

What was the rattle? my reverse lockout ring rattles half of the time, I wrote it off to COBB short shifter but it's be nice to have it gone. I have new knob though, same as in your picture.

I also have a 6-spd with a Cobb Sts and Lathewerks knob and reverse lockout ring. Something rattles occasionally but i think it may be the plastic trim that the shift boot snaps around. Edited by Code
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

How much did you have to push the issue with dealer and/or Subaru? Kind of becoming a thing to know for us holding to our cars long term.

Wasn't any pressure on my end, seemed from the jump that the dealership was aware of the issue and were going to fix it. And I didn't have to speak with SoA.

Keep in mind the same dealership completed the first brake line recall 2 years ago (didn't require any new hardware) and did my airbag recall at the same time. I did receive a second recall notice for the brake lines, but assumed it was checked the first time around and I never actually followed up on it.

My wagon also has 191k miles on it, and has Wilwood front calipers :lol: So idk if I'm just getting very lucky or what..

Edited by BoozeRS05

I also have a 6-spd with a Cobb Sts and Lathewerks knob and reverse lockout ring. Something rattles occasionally but i think it may be the plastic trim that the shift boot snaps around.

Mine goes quiet if I hold the reverse lockout ring and twist it just a bit against the COBB STS. I thought the rattle comes from the lockout ring holder pin resonating against hollow COBB STS. COBB has much narrower slot for the holder pin afaik compared to stock, may be that's what causing it in my case at least. I do not recall if I kept stock shifter from Mike's car after the swap, it would be worth comparing as the rattle can be very annoying sometimes.

Wasn't any pressure on my end, seemed from the jump that the dealership was aware of the issue and were going to fix it. And I didn't have to speak with SoA.

Keep in mind the same dealership completed the first brake line recall 2 years ago (didn't require any new hardware) and did my airbag recall at the same time. I did receive a second recall notice for the brake lines, but assumed it was checked the first time around and I never actually followed up on it.

My wagon also has 191k miles on it, and has Wilwood front calipers :lol: So idk if I'm just getting very lucky or what..

well 191K on my wagon was like an eternity ago.... But I do not recall getting a second letter about the brake lines. hmm...

There seems to be zero rhyme and reason as to who is getting their's covered and who isn't but having a relationship with your dealer certainly seems to help. The dealer that did mine also noted my car was modified, Brembos, 6 speed swap, etc but they did end up covering it.

Mine goes quiet if I hold the reverse lockout ring and twist it just a bit against the COBB STS. I thought the rattle comes from the lockout ring holder pin resonating against hollow COBB STS. COBB has much narrower slot for the holder pin afaik compared to stock, may be that's what causing it in my case at least. I do not recall if I kept stock shifter from Mike's car after the swap, it would be worth comparing as the rattle can be very annoying sometimes.

I have the same issue with my Kart Boy 6 speed STS. Its annoying but not enough that I've done anything to try and fix it. With the stereo on I never notice it. If I hold the plastic ring under the shift boot, it stops.

Unreliable DD. I think mostly bad luck. Engine is sorted as far as I know now, but I just don’t have time for it anymore.

Same thing happened to me when I ended up getting the allroad.

brake recall talk

The front calipers shouldn't matter for the recall. They're kinda unrelated parts of the system.

I believe there were two brake recalls that occurred.

From what I recall, the rattle on the 6MT shifter is the lockout ring. I have it on my WRX with a 6MT (stock shifter). I believe Perrin had a solution to it at one point. Either that, or they mentioned in in the sales literature for one of their products - maybe it was for their short shifter. If you do a search on NASIOC, there is probably a long thread of people complaining about it, with a fix that would probably undo itself eventually.

From what I recall' date=' the rattle on the 6MT shifter is the lockout ring. I have it on my WRX with a 6MT (stock shifter). I believe Perrin had a solution to it at one point. Either that, or they mentioned in in the sales literature for one of their products - maybe it was for their short shifter. If you do a search on NASIOC, there is probably a long thread of people complaining about it, with a fix that would probably undo itself eventually.[/quote']

Perrin does in fact have a solution and it worked like a champ on my Spec B. That's after replacing all my shifter bushings including a Delta Motorsports solid shifter linkage u-joint.

Regarding the brake recall. I'd be happy to file a report with whoever handles these things, motor vehicle safety whatever if there's a database for it.

I was driving my car on a populated road when it happened and it was not a good situation. I knew right away something was really wrong, got off the brake and used my trans to slow down. Stopping was significantly reduced though and it happened quickly. I know a lot of drivers would not have recognized how serious it was until much later.

Starting my power pulls with Cryotune on my specB! Felt great to safely boost today, and everything looks solid at a glance.

Regarding the brake recall. I'd be happy to file a report with whoever handles these things, motor vehicle safety whatever if there's a database for it.

I was driving my car on a populated road when it happened and it was not a good situation. I knew right away something was really wrong, got off the brake and used my trans to slow down. Stopping was significantly reduced though and it happened quickly. I know a lot of drivers would not have recognized how serious it was until much later.

NHSTA or whatever should have online filing system iirc. Really I am surprised SOA didn't get sued yet for this thing. Makes me nervous since I do drive with my little daughter and boys and wife also grab my car from time to time.

Aaaaaaand done! Oil leak was from stretched IAG kit line (which I still hold isn't fully compatible with B25 heads), and was dropping pressure to the turbo and passenger OCV. Replaced with longer line, no more leak and no more misfires. Wagon's home, though I'll be back in it this weekend to swap the driveshaft from the parts car since I noticed a bad carrier bearing when I was installing the DP for the final time.

Time to finish the break in and tune!

20190917_203456.thumb.jpg.74b4b945beaa7a6d4f66d01b84eafde6.jpg

Edited by awfulwaffle

NHSTA or whatever should have online filing system iirc. Really I am surprised SOA didn't get sued yet for this thing. Makes me nervous since I do drive with my little daughter and boys and wife also grab my car from time to time.

Report sent..

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

My buddy from the dealership grabbed this yesterday.

1004750156_Screenshot_20190918-1156332.thumb.png.d6cd2eedbbfde8b998a067e49ee7fe18.png

Edited by BoozeRS05

Report sent..

My buddy from the dealership grabbed this yesterday.

Was that photo taken Outback at the dealership... Sorry, just thought that was funny.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Was that photo taken Outback at the dealership... Sorry, just thought that was funny.
I see what you did there..... LOL

Anyways, changed oil 2 weeks ago, already did 1k miles! Checked it, not low enough to top off! I guess highway driving is way way better for the car!

Scotty

Drove it.....a few more miles. Next month will be one year and about 11,500 miles of ownership. Considering I have 3 vehicles that's a fair amount on the LGT alone. I really like this car.....would love it if it didn't shift itself! 07ff81764450b872798a2bad687f7eaf.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc