LegacyGT.com

Suspension Questions and Options

dipren443

Ok folks, looking for some advice.

I have an '05 Legacy GT wagon. Its been my trusty sidekick for going on 12 years now. I am not ready to replace it as I just put a brand new STi short block in along with some other upgrades.

On to my main question. I currently have a set of JDM Spec B wagon Bilsteins on the car. They have now been on the car for about 140k miles I think. Its time to either replace or rebuild. The only issue I have is that I'd like the ride height to be a little lower. I am not against the idea of coilovers, but I've read enough on here that they aren't always the best setup. I like the ride to be firm but compliant. If I want the ride height a little lower, is that my only option? I think I could live with the rear height, its mostly the front that I am not a fan of. What about a different set of springs? Will they work well with the JDM Bilsteins? If so, what are the best options for springs?

So I don't have to take the car out of commission, I think I'd likely buy a new set of jdm bilsteins instead of sending mine out for rebuilds. What springs would get me where I want and still work well with the Bilsteins? If not that, then what coilovers would be recommended? I'd rather pay for quality if that is a factor.

Thanks in advance!

It depends on how much you want to lower your car. If you're looking to lower your car by just a bit, STI pinks will lower 15mm and should match will with the JDM Bilsteins.

It depends on how much you want to lower your car. If you're looking to lower your car by just a bit, STI pinks will lower 15mm and should match will with the JDM Bilsteins.

Is that 15mm on top of what the JDM Spec B springs dropped it? They lowered it a bit from stock already. 15mm on top of what I have now would probably be ideal.

Is that 15mm on top of what the JDM Spec B springs dropped it? They lowered it a bit from stock already. 15mm on top of what I have now would probably be ideal.

I believe it's a 15mm from the JDM set up

Archived