LegacyGT.com

Parking brake has 2 wires???

ralphyralph5

I was installing my turbo timer yesterday and when I got to the part that tells me to connect the brown wire(from timer) to the parking brake wire(the wiring diagram says P i believe thats purple) that shows 12v when the brake is down, I couldn't find it. I could only find the gray one in front of the p. brake. Can anyone direct me as to where this other wire might be?

That gray wire at the parking brake is your ground wire, that is what you tap it to. There isn't a 2nd wire that you are referring to. You can verify that the gray wire is a ground by using a voltmeter to double check it.

I didnt bother to tap my turbo timer to that parking brake wire when I had my WRX.. I just grounded that brown wire wherever.. yea, I know, not safe, but it's my car and I can wire it however way I want it. :p

Keefe

Keefe

not at all ..................i installed mine yesterday and it works great except for the fact that i can't figure out how to get the parking brake safety feature to work. i guess that the transponders only work in preventing the engine from starting and do nothing after it's already running.

I used the GREDDY unit.........it was super simple as soon as you figure out what wires do what.

i took 3 pieces off of the under dash on the drivers side. unscrew the one screw under the steering column that allows the bottom plastic piece of the steering column to come off(this gives you access to the ignition wires[they are on the left hand side of the column]). take the bottom plastic covor off. then you pull off ( not completely) the under dash . simple pulling will do it. then use a voltometer to check which wire does what, follow the instructions provided with your tt

definately..............very easy............less than an hour...........i got my tt from this seller on ebay- http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZmrQ2ewurks

if you do get a greddy unit and you want to know what wires connect to what, pm me or leave a message here. i would tell you now but i don't remember.

according to other posts we don't have a single speedo lead(that's how i understood it). Apparently there are 4 sensor(one at each wheel) that provide the ecu with speed info. if i'm wrong please forgive me but that's how i understood what was posted about it.

Final question. I was reading about installing a TT in a WRX and the guys there are cutting acc power to the remote lock and alarm modules in order for them to work while the car is runing. Any issues with remote locking/arming the alarm with the car running?

Archived