LegacyGT.com

Oil feed line

So I noticed that I have the tiniest leak on my turbo oil feed line. It’s tight so I’m unsure why it is leaking so I figured I should replace it. Is there a specific kit to replace just the top section? I saw a lot of different types of lines. Just unsure of the sizes. I’d rather a braided line than the oem one. Anyone replace this before? If so maybe drop a link if you could. Thanks

4bdc0ad0ae1a255fa72affd9885d6149.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that leak is just at that joint. You should be able to get

https://www.google.com/search?q=voishan+conical+seals&oq=vorishan+seal&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.10547j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

We use them at work on AN fittings. If you can use some penetrating fluid and get that nut off the fitting, that seal should work and save you...

FWIW, I didn't realize the price one from skygeek. You'd be sad to see how many of those we go through at work, they come in different material. Nickle, AL, SS. We get them in sleeves of 25 each.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You guys would be surprised how easy it is to make up your own steel braided lines.

Hacksaw, masking tape, vise, basic wrenches. I made all the fuel and most of the oil and breather lines and water cooling for the turbo on the race car years ago.

DSCF0259.thumb.jpg.986e5389c64ca8b0d94204347c144bf8.jpg

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

You guys would be surprised how easy it is to make up your own steel braided lines.

Hacksaw, masking tape, vise, basic wrenches. I made all the fuel and most of the oil and breather lines and water cooling for the turbo on the race car years ago.

[ATTACH]284150[/ATTACH]

I was thinking of this. Ordering a bunch of AN fittings and hose but I honestly have no idea what these sizes are or what I would need.

I was thinking of this. Ordering a bunch of AN fittings and hose but I honestly have no idea what these sizes are or what I would need.

https://behrents.com/content/catalog.asp

That is one of the places we used back in the race car day's. Helpful people if you need to call them.

Another great source, https://www.holley.com/brands/earls/