LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Today I painted my oem stereo faceplate black to reinstall the oem stereo since my Chinese android HU is broken...again. Joying no longer supports my version and wants to charge $200 for a new screen. I've found some potential screen replacements for a diy. That'll be a side project but I need music and btssm. I have an old tablet I'll use for btssm.

Shameless plug for my WTB thread:

I accidentally broke a button when removing it from the faceplate for painting and now need a replacement. Anyone have a broken or unused P201UH stereo they'd sell for cheap? You can remove the faceplate/buttons and ship just that so it's easier/cheaper.

Had eBay header for 4 years, ceramic coated before install, but recently discovered it's leaking at the passenger head.

Need to find a stock manifold since I've misplaced mine, or maybe buy another cheap one online. Looks like the bolts and flanges are rotten, gonna be a mess to remove.

I have my rusty old factory manifold in the shed if you want it.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Today I painted my oem stereo faceplate black to reinstall the oem stereo since my Chinese android HU is broken...again. Joying no longer supports my version and wants to charge $200 for a new screen. I've found some potential screen replacements for a diy. That'll be a side project but I need music and btssm. I have an old tablet I'll use for btssm.

Aftermarket Android unit? What's your experience, besides quality?

I have used JDM Double Din set that I didn't install it. Headunit is old so I was going to replace it anyway.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Not everyone's a fan of the floating tablet designs, but I'm looking forward to the head units Kenwood unveiled at CES this year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUe0fQdzWU] CES 2020: 10-inch screens from Kenwood Excelon | Crutchfield[/ame]

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Aftermarket Android unit? What's your experience, besides quality?

I have used JDM Double Din set that I didn't install it. Headunit is old so I was going to replace it anyway.

They have a very clunky UI. The android systems used are hacked versions of android and not really secure. They don't have any active cooling measures and overheat easily which is why many fail prematurely. None of the apps are user friendly. Bluetooth is "locked" so you can only connect a phone or their version of an obd2 reader named "OBD2" or "OBDII" which is the reason I won't get another one.

With that said, I did like my joying unit because you could still install the system settings for Bluetooth and connect btssm via Bluetooth. No new versions of joying, or others I'm aware of allow this. If they did, I could deal with the clunky UI and such.

I'm only going back to stock because I really only used the jdm climate control to have btssm on my headunit. I don't want/need an expensive stereo whether it's oem or aftermarket. My oem has aux-in installed and I have a Bluetooth reciever so my aux-in becomes Bluetooth capable for music.

I spent some time under the hood cleaning some stuff up after my timing belt replacement. I was getting a lot of false-knock, and i was able to find a few rattles (rad shroud, coolant overflow bottle, cold-side i/c piping) and eliminate all of the FBKc.

Also, finally Installed the new intercooler pipe with IAT bung (next to BPV) for my speed/density setup. I had iWire make a harness that extended the MAF harness and has a pigtail to utilize the former MAF signal wire. This pigtail is now wired to my wideband AFR sensor, allowing me to log AFR directly through my AP

After a good 45 min test drive I am happy to report that all is well and the Itsme intercooler is actually pretty efficient. I am seeing IAT within 2* of ambient and they are much more stable during stop/go driving. I’m guessing that the intake pipe/MAF is usually heat soaked from the header being right below it. Moving the IAT sensor has eliminated the temp creep that was almost instant during stop/go prior to this.

I also filled up with e85 that is still reading e68 on the AP. I was hoping to see a better ethanol content but I guess summer isn’t quite here. E85 was $2.10/ gal and 93oct would’ve been $2.80/gal.

Edited by Code

Had eBay header for 4 years, ceramic coated before install, but recently discovered it's leaking at the passenger head.

Need to find a stock manifold since I've misplaced mine, or maybe buy another cheap one online. Looks like the bolts and flanges are rotten, gonna be a mess to remove.

I have my old stock headers just sitting, it's rusty as hell and the heat shields are crap but its yours if you want it.

I also filled up with e85 that is still reading e68 on the AP. I was hoping to see a better ethanol content but I guess summer isn’t quite here. E85 was $2.10/ gal and 93oct would’ve been $2.80/gal.

E85 here at my station of choice (Chevron) is currently at 74% content. It's $1.85/gallon vs 91 Octane at $3.25/gallon. Costco 91 octane is cheaper at $2.75/gallon.

Nope, I mean 1.20. I'll snag a shot of the gas station on my way home from work that has 87 for under a dollar. I'd almost be happy if it weren't for the economic implications associated with the cheap gas... Edited by awfulwaffle
Typo

The gulf station has 87 for 1.95 here in Tolland CT. but 93 is 2.45. I did pay 2.16 for 93 at a Shell station in East Longmeadow MA yesterday.

If you link your CC to Shell you can get 5 cents off a gallon.

May be we should bring back the price of gas type thread from a few years back...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Threw in some low mileage coilpacks on my specB the other day, but no effect on my cold cylinder 4 misfire. Got my injectors back from witchhunter and they look great. Can't tell how hard this job will be, a lot of people say it's pretty awful, but it doesn't look that bad.

My son and I replaced the inner CV boot on my 08 2.5i and also replaced the front sway bar end links. I was not looking forward to the end link job since when I did it ~2 yrs ago I had to cut them off. Good thing we used anti-seize then as the old nuts came off easily this time.

While the wheels were off I snapped two pics of the LCA rubber bushing. I know that cracking is a bit normal for these. Is this anything to be concerned about?

20200411_100817.thumb.jpg.8c19822f294c1639ed462fdb22245989.jpg

20200411_100738.thumb.jpg.744b3220b22779fc9431f72fcc171562.jpg

I installed my new custom CEIKA coilovers F8kg/R8kg spring rate for what they call their sport low setup and their stainless steel race valves 30clicks of adjustment that adjust rebound and dampening at the same time I started at 15 clicks and am now at 4 clicks from the softest setting in front and the rear I'm at 5 clicks from the softest setting very balanced setup comfortable yet firm with very little body roll and very little squat on acceleration

Also installed my new 18"x8.5" +35 ESR rims wrapped in 265/35/18 Continental extreme sport contacts rolled and pulled the rear quarters to clear tires on hard bumps and deep pit holes other then that no rubbing at all

I would add pictures but no matter how small I make them it says they are invalid even thought they of a compatible format and size

Finally got around to finishing up the Redline goods ebrake boot install, I did the shifter a few months ago, but I wanted the interior plastics to warm up a bit before I gave that stuff a hard tug. The old ebrake boot was nasty and cracking too.

I also installed my auto dimming rear view mirror and dash cam into the spec b. Tons more on the list to go, but the car is coming together!

92823280_10163457743760096_543689657913704448_o.thumb.jpg.19ec73ba2f4f41471db4230eab8422e9.jpg

92830700_10163457744065096_8074492375646339072_o.thumb.jpg.b18f3b311f396b9a0a2390d586a98f26.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

My son and I replaced the inner CV boot on my 08 2.5i and also replaced the front sway bar end links. I was not looking forward to the end link job since when I did it ~2 yrs ago I had to cut them off. Good thing we used anti-seize then as the old nuts came off easily this time.

While the wheels were off I snapped two pics of the LCA rubber bushing. I know that cracking is a bit normal for these. Is this anything to be concerned about?

The separation has started. I'd be looking to replace those bushings within a year, next summer being the latest.

Steering will be getting funnier until it becomes some knocking underneath.

That looks great and now I want one

That makes two of us. My brake handle boot is the original, no matter how good I try to maintain it it's old.

I did the redline brake boot and Center console and I am very happy with both. The quality of leather and stitching is top-notch