LegacyGT.com

HID kit wiring install help

GearJamr

I got the Morimoto H1 mini retro-quik HID kit for my 05 legacy. I have come across an issue while connecting the wiring for the bulbs. I have an adapter cable (in pic) which connects to the OEM bulb connector, but the opposite male end has nowhere to connect. The cable for the bulb has two male quick disconnects that also apparently have nowhere to go, but could plug into the OEM bulb connector. Is that where they are supposed to go? I'd have to change the connectors to a proper size but wondering if it will work?

Hopefully someone has the answer, kinda need the car to go back to work Tuesday.

TIA

20191013_213826.thumb.jpg.cce6d9c26304dace813f38b423ee3fff.jpg

20191013_213844.thumb.jpg.4ff8060a208f23928b0cd45586539834.jpg

I disabled the DRL by pulling the plug under the dash and just leave the headlight switch on. When you turn off the car, they automatically shutoff. I run full headlight/fog all the time, yes I run through bulbs quicker, but I'll take that trade off to be seen easier.

I disabled my DRLs and only turned on my headlights when it got dark. I've driven by plenty of cops and never once was bothered for not having DRLs. It's a legal requirement to sell a new car or import a car into Canada but I've never seen it actually enforced

We've got a city officer around here who has made it his life's work to give tickets to Subaru owners for any and all violations he can find. I'm just going to run with the lights on. The HID bulbs I got are good for about 2500 hours, so they should last me 3-4 years I would guess (manufacturer says 5-7 years). WAY better than the halogens which I had replaced 3 times in less than 2 years of ownership.

I would bet theres a way to rewire the car so the DRL uses the high beam. That's how the 08/09's are wired.

Now word of warning, that will cause a different issue. The low voltage going to the high beam will try and activate the high beam shield of the HID projector so you need to wire in a relay to cut power to the HID solenoid when the head lights are off. That's how I wired up mine. But I have a 09 so I didn't have to change the DRL wiring.

Or just continue to drive with the headlights on, no real harm in that. Though I personally hate seeing tailights on during the day because at a quick glance it's hard to tell if somone is braking or just have their lights on during the day.

Where in Canada are you? I'm hopefully not the same place that cop is. Sounds brutal.

I'm in Ottawa. There is actually a facebook page dedicated to it. He generally stays in the east end of the city but is not limited to it, so better safe than sorry.

Well that is good to hear about the 08/09s. From what I have read the 10-14 outbacks are drl wired to the low beams as well, causing halogen bulbs to die far sooner than they should.

Last night I came home from hockey, and the passenger side light is out. WTF! They were both on when I left, so I'm hoping something just came loose. Guess I know what I'm doing today!

We've got a city officer around here who has made it his life's work to give tickets to Subaru owners for any and all violations he can find. I'm just going to run with the lights on. The HID bulbs I got are good for about 2500 hours, so they should last me 3-4 years I would guess (manufacturer says 5-7 years). WAY better than the halogens which I had replaced 3 times in less than 2 years of ownership.

Osram/Philips/OE bulbs I'd believe. Aftermarket, no way.

Hell, I had some cheapos pink shift in 2 minutes with DLT F3 ballasts.