LegacyGT.com

2015+ sti seats in 05 Lgt wagon

Finch

I mean you could with enough money but the airbag components are different. 08-14 Sti seats will fit but idk about the new models. But the main issue is airbags.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

While on this subject. My 05 lgt 5mt wagon seat are terrible. Both electric controls are out on both sides . Well they barely work ,maybe during a full moon . What are the options for new ones ? STI ones before 08 , used lgt ones from a junker ? Other aftermarket seats ? Or replacing the control switches? Has anyone had to deal with this ? Suggestions?

While on this subject. My 05 lgt 5mt wagon seat are terrible. Both electric controls are out on both sides . Well they barely work ,maybe during a full moon . What are the options for new ones ? STI ones before 08 , used lgt ones from a junker ? Other aftermarket seats ? Or replacing the control switches? Has anyone had to deal with this ? Suggestions?

Ok so 05 is a special year and you can only use 05 seats. 04 sti seats will bolt onto the legacy seat bottom with no problem and not trip the occupancy system up. Basically its all about whether or not you want side airbags. If you dont, skys the limit.

My high mileage turd.

They will all have air bag issues. Its just that you can take care of the airbag light with a resistor. But the seat occupancy sensor for 05 is built into the seat base unlike 06+ lgt models which is basically a pressure pad in the seat itself.

My high mileage turd.

• 1 year later...
What about regular WRX seats? I have 05 WRX seats in my Forester and they are a lot better then the Legacy seats.

I feel the opposite. I went from 04 WRX seats to Legacy limited and found the legacy better. I used to have an 08 WRX a while back and their seats weren't particularly great either.

Looks like BRZ seats are pretty stinkin popular though

• 11 months later...
Hey sorry to bump this thread but I just want to wrap up the original question for anyone in the future as I was wondering the same thing. I was about to pull the trigger on a killer deal of $750cad for an entire set of 2017 STI seats (with the power driver's seat!) but after researching for a few hours it looks like the 08-14 STI seats will bolt right into our cars (I'm not talking wiring here at all) but the 2015+ seat rails are different. 2015+ STI seats will not physically bolt into previous years' bodies. You would have to custom fabricate some kind of adapter or drill out the rivets to swap the seat rails. This is in addition to doing whatever wiring work would be needed to get it all functional. Those seats look and feel so good I had to exercise extreme self-control stop myself from just buying them and trying to hack something together to make it work but the amount of work would just be too much for me at the moment.. Maybe I'll try some time in the future if I ever get such a good deal again.