LegacyGT.com

Legacy B4 Asterope

I have to admit, the stock styling of the new Legacy, was nice, but didn't excite me.

This DOES!!!

http://www.legacysti.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=51

I think I would have been better of, not seeing this. It makes me want it NOW. And the small blurb in the Car and Driver, indicated it will most likely not be available to the U.S.

I've already gone to SOA's website, and e-mailed them, to at least make these parts available as an kit, if we can't buy it installed. :evil:

GGGrrr, it makes me so angry.

I'm sure someone in Japan will trade you a USDM Legacy 2.5-liter block for that fancy body kit, in a heartbeat. :lol:

I saw that picture, and it's way too boy racer for me, but I'm on the record as being an old man. Also, that isn't a Subaru-specced kit is it? That pic is, as I understand it, from an aftermarket show, right?

Kevin

I believe it was done up by an aftermarket company, a few ques, the brakes and wheels for one, not to mention the body kit. #2, Kevins an old guy. OOPS! Did I say that? :lol:

I'm not all that impressed with it, yeah it's aggressive, but for the money of that kit/model, an STi would suit the purpose more. I'm a sleeper kinda guy. Make it look OE and blow the doors off the unsuspecting.

'Hey, that thing got a Hemi? No! *blows away other car* That thing doesn't have a hemi? No, it's a turbocharged Hemi! :lol:'

I agree with SUBE555 in that it's too extreme and about the sleeper look. It won't really appeal to the mass, so don't count on it coming as a factory option. Usually you'll just see lips and that sort rather than whole bumpers. I know that some companys like BMW (the 3-series) have entire body kits for their cars, but I can't think of any others that do the same.
-ben

Hmm, I think I've always preferred a more agressive look. Axis, that body pic in your profile, appears pretty extreme as well, no?

I would go with maybe 18's instead of 19's, and then take off that silly little rear wing. Other than that I would think it is agressive but still tasteful.

Most of the kit would appear to be just panels you could just add on, but the rear portion of the car, the fender flares would need shop modification? I assume that would be some expensive body work.

The more I look at it, the ricier it looks. The venting up front, um-okay I guess. I could live with it. The color, well sticks out liks a sore thumb. Then we get to the down and dirty, those fender flairs although done professionally, look odd without enough meat to fill them out, like your typical ricer with big body kit and nothing but stock wheels inside. Those wheels are ugly. Blue calipers with that paint? They might be Endless calipers, but I think they're overpriced and gaudy.

It's just plain ricy IMO. I've seen a lot of tuner cars done up much better.

Hmm, I think I've always preferred a more agressive look. Axis, that body pic in your profile, appears pretty extreme as well, no?

I understand that you'd think that it's extreme, but not aggressive. I know that I said I like the sleeper look, and that kit doesn't look anywhere near stock. To me, though, the lines flow pretty well, in my opinion. I feel with that kit, you can pull off a clean looking car that doesn't scream out rice. It doesn't have the buff, aggressive look, and for some reason I like it. However, I know that people have a love/hate relationship with that Tommy Kaira kit.

It's just plain ricy IMO. I've seen a lot of tuner cars done up much better.

Gotta love them Japs!

-ben

Oh I'll agree, at least the overall lines are better than many kits, however, overall as a package, I just think it's a little flashy with those wheels, painted calipers, etc. A WRX STi is flashy, but in a different sort of way, in a more refined look/feel if you ask me. There's too many little rough edges to really give it a full thumbs-up. Put some different, more Rays or Prodrive-looking wheels on there with black, red, or gold calipers, lose that little wing you see in the back, and change the suspension a little as well to make the wheels/tires look a little better proportionally, and I think they'd have it alright. I'd like to see that in black with some more OE-looking 18's, little better suspension height, and non-ricy colored calipers. Oh yeah, lose that extra fender flairing. It does nothing for me other than looks which isn't of my preference.

Guess I like that sleeper or shall we say, more OE look. :)

Oh I'll agree, at least the overall lines are better than many kits, however, overall as a package, I just think it's a little flashy with those wheels, painted calipers, etc. A WRX STi is flashy, but in a different sort of way, in a more refined look/feel if you ask me. There's too many little rough edges to really give it a full thumbs-up. Put some different, more Rays or Prodrive-looking wheels on there with black, red, or gold calipers, lose that little wing you see in the back, and change the suspension a little as well to make the wheels/tires look a little better proportionally, and I think they'd have it alright. I'd like to see that in black with some more OE-looking 18's, little better suspension height, and non-ricy colored calipers. Oh yeah, lose that extra fender flairing. It does nothing for me other than looks which isn't of my preference.

Guess I like that sleeper or shall we say, more OE look. :)

Wait, you're referring to my post right? Because the first part was talking about the Tommy Kaira kit that I have in my avatar. I don't think that the Asterope body kit flows at all, because it makes the whole car look boxy in my opinion. However, if you weren't talking about my post then never mind... :D

-ben

Haha, like I said, love/hate thing. Each to his own though! I like it because it looks very simple. It looks a lot like the Ferrari 360 Modena, so I guess that might be a turn off for some people since it's on a sedan.
-ben

I'm just looking at the body kit. So yeah, throw out the color, it's a bit flashy, but imagine the same car in just plain black.

Maybe a little smaller rims, and more rubber.

Really you'd have just the modified grill, the front bumper, fender flares, and the lower skirts.

A little rice isn't always bad. :lol:

It may be a one of a kind made by Subaru just for the car show.

Here's a link to the Legacy Tokyo Auto Salon show. It has a picture of a STI Legacy, a little more subdued than the Asterope.

http://response.jp/event/tas2004/list/sub_legacy.html

It seems like a manufacturer event. Looking at the Mazda RX-8, they have the Mazdaspeed kit.

I saw another link, showing some of the fender work in preparing the car.

How much do you think it would cost to have someone custom do the fender flares like this B4?

I understand how they would flare the metal parts. How would you custom do the front and rear bumpers?

Archived