LegacyGT.com

Racer X FMIC help

Hey guys, after 12 hours of working on this today.. I give up. I have NO clue how some people do this in 3 hours. Seems impossible. My father and I were at it all day, now finally got it all together,and the bumper skin wont go back on. Seems the intercooler is preventing it from moviing anymore at all. ALso, does the paper gasket for on the turbo or BOV flange?Thanks in advance! Great kit, well made.

The kit is made to fit the LGT. It would be helpful if you could post some pics so that we have a better idea of what exactly the problem is.

Also check this thread for EVERYTHING that had been done to make the kit work. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racer-x-itsme-fmic-install-131072.html

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

IIRC, the bumper skin needs to be trimmed at the outside corners where the piping enters and exits the core. It's been quite a while since my install, but I remember cutting that for sure. Two half-moon shaped openings.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Paper gasket is for the turbo.

Must notch out the bumper a little bit.

I also have no idea how some can get this kit installed with the stock airbox.

I also question whether or not I got the right pipes. The route by the washer bottle isn't ideal. Kind of squishing the filler tube. Also the way it goes up the passenger side to the turbo isn't ideal. I had to really force the connection on the pipes from the turbo to the mid pipe.

All the picture "how to's" show the turbo side fitting MUCH better than mine did.

I tried routing it under, over, around, all over the damned place and the end result is the same. The pipes do not butt up squarely on that connection. It's almost like there needs to be more of a bend in that pipe.

If anyone has some good close up pictures of the turbo side I would greatly appreciate it.

That being said it is all installed and working.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Bumper skin must be trimmed with ANY fmic. Not a big deal, just take your time and do a nice job.

BPV gasket, use the diamond as most BPV's are designed to use this same gasket.

For the turbo side gasket I like the GM thermostat gasket trick. Talked about in the link Code posted.

Thanks for the input. I'll switch the paper gasket to the bov. Had to trim the bumper then all was well. I tried a new intake but the car kept stalling when I revved it. Ran fine w no maf any thought s?

Were you able to get the stock air cleaner back in?

I couldn't and car ran like doo doo with the maf / lid just laying in there.

Maybe I did the location of the pipe wrong. I'm not sure.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Were you able to get the stock air cleaner back in?

I couldn't and car ran like doo doo with the maf / lid just laying in there.

Maybe I did the location of the pipe wrong. I'm not sure.

Well, technically yea I got it in there. its sideways, cant use my brakect that holds the hood open, and the maf is reading bad because I cant get the whole box in there, It keeps coming apart where the brakets hold it. I removed the bottom silencer too, did not help. I still have no clue how its even possible to get it in there with the stock box. I hacked the shit out of it with no luck and now it looks like crap. Bought an intake, and that does not work either , only with the MAF un plugged. Thinking I need to tune when the intake is done, or the MAF was not sitting properly on the aftermarket. Frustrating, but Bryan has been a lot of help and the kit looks great, just want to fix this part of it

Yeah they tend to do that. I check mine quickly every saturday, along with my fluids.

Well shit, that sucks haha. Nothing I can do to prevent that? I guess it is one of the joys I knew going fmic could bring lol. Lets hope its all worth it! Sure looks sick

I know guys with higher quality ones don't have them loosen up as much.

A FMIC is worth it. And when properly tuned there is no lag difference. Just more power :)

Always good to know! ALso, just got the stock airbox on. It is a little bit crooked but its on there! It took a lot of anger and pushing and trimming

Archived