LegacyGT.com

How to gut a pipe?

bman

Hi there I'm a new member ask a while back bout exhaust mods for my 2007 gtb nz new wagon it was registered in 2006 but for some reason says it's an 07 on the rego. It has the cat on the turbo down pipe but I can't find a cat free pipe. The car is under warranty still so I want to keep old exhaust Incase I have to make claim. Where can I get a pipe or does the sti have one that will fit. Also what turbo is it running.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

So is it ture that 07+ models did away with the UP cat? I have an 08 LGT and looked up a schematic of the exhaust and it listed a cat before the turbo (assuming the UP.) I was going to get a catless one but if mine is already catless, I obviously won't worry about it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
So, I live in Ontario, and just bought an 05 LGT, and it's bone stock. I know to get rid of the banjo screens, but am worried about emissions when I install a catless uppipe. I see mention of a resister mod, but I am just concerned about random checks now that e-testing has been eliminated. Help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I have never gotten a real sniffer test done, but from what I understand the uppipe cat does so little that it is fine without. The later years didn't have one in the first place. I know you can run around without a cat in uppipe and ECU is happy, as long as EGR resistor mod is done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...