LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

The buyer comes to pick up the Fozz in a few hours and right now I'm sitting at America's Tire waiting for the wheels and tires to be put on the GX.

I just learned today the America's Tire and Discount Tire (that we have in KC) is basically the same company.

^^^ Sure, but he parallel parks great...look at those wheels...not a single mark on them.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Met up with some local 5th gen's, and a not so local 5th gen over the weekend.

WlGbAtP.jpg

KHDfDSM.jpg

dZN3azG.jpg

0ohiiGQ.jpg

Humble Rumble has me beat on the amount of mini-mod's. Every meetup I go to, I end up getting the mod bug itching and I want to throw money at crazy stuff. This is just a small taste of all the pics, I don't want to flood the thread. Humble's pics we're really cool :cool:

My buddy Justin from Shades Media, hooked us up with pics. If you're ever in the northern Ohio area, he's your guy. Especially for rolling shots.

It's been pretty common so far, everyone Legacy owner I've met from the group is pretty cool and laid back.

Edited by Timothy.B

Was great meeting up with you guys. I'll share a small portion of the shots Justin got of my car. Some of the best pics I've ever gotten of it, the kid has talent and a good eye for photography. Stocked me with Instagram material for months. :lol:

ewgmi1p.jpg

TCVcEkt.jpg

mKa37fe.jpg

DXmuzKk.jpg

Ancqe20.jpg

z0LjlsQ.jpg

yKpPssj.jpg

zgrTiU1.jpg

^ Those are really nice shots!

Humble, I didnt catch any posts about your rear diffuser. If it's been discussed, can I get a link to it? Looks good!

It's a clone of the DAMD 3-piece rear bumper extension kit. I just happened to find a second one of the middle piece in black, so I combined that with the silver corners (actually going to be switching it up to body color with a black out between the pipes). I will say, the fit on USDM is not great, install was a pain but I do really like the finished look. I'm fairly certain there's a slight shape difference between the USDM and JDM rear bumpers in that mounting spot that makes it fit worse for us, so you should be good with either the official kit or an eBay clone.

DAMD also offers them in carbon if desired.

Here's a link to my post way back when I installed it: https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5676493&postcount=2174

BtpZbJF.png

Link to official (need for B4): https://www.damd.co.jp/products/subaru/legacy/

Link to ebay clone 5 piece kit (includes corners and side skirts, can get pre-painted, good deal): https://www.ebay.com/itm/391724637965

Edited by Humble Rumble

What kind did you use? I'm looking at using Rustoleum on my basement. We pulled up the 10 yr old carpet, and with 2 cats and 2 dogs, it needed to go. Smells much better now.

From doing some research it seems surface prep is the most important part so it sticks well.

Who here has done epoxy on your garage floor? Ballpark cost? And did you DIY or have someone do it for you?

I had it done: 2 car garage, half again as long, with old crappy white paint, misc automotive spills, eight years ago.

$1000 for surface prep: grinding off the paint and whatnot, cleaning after.

$1000 for the coating. Hard epoxy, not the softer stuff that you get at Home Depot. I chose gray/silver, it ended up looking silver swirly like a bowling ball. It was weird.

I believe it was ~750 square feet. The guy did tell me that if it was a new slab, he wouldn't have needed to do the grinding, so the price would have been just about half.

What kind did you use? I'm looking at using Rustoleum on my basement. We pulled up the 10 yr old carpet, and with 2 cats and 2 dogs, it needed to go. Smells much better now.

From doing some research it seems surface prep is the most important part so it sticks well.

The rustoleum rock solid. His house was freshly built too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have been trying to move away from Facebook and social media. Many of the hobby forums (and prior to that mailing lists) I have participated have moved to Facebook which on the 1st glance seems great but what I have found is some Facebook members just have no filter, argumentative and are down right rude. I don't know how someone of them aren't embarrassed to have friends and family read their responses. Yesterday just put me over the edge. I made 3 posts on Facebook and couple responses.

So on FB yesterday

My old church in my hometown that went to was hit by lightning and burned down. My dad share a link and I was little nostalgic about place that was a positive influence on my life. Someone pipes in that they are glad the church burned down and the priest can no longer molest boys at that church. I do one response that was probably waste of time. Another person start another argument about it was stuck down by God, because Sabbath is suppose to be on Saturday not Sunday. Both of them went down the shitter pretty quick.

I was on my boating group and someone was asking for recommendations for engine mounting height. I gave a response of what is now generally accepted for engine height (propeller technology has improved). Some guy responds to me says that I am giving bad advice and did I even look at the pictures? I ignore the insult and respond, what do the pictures show? The guy respond with Diatribe of how he been working in the marine industry for 40 years and how I should not be giving advice. Another person respond who well is known guru and works in the Industry and says Dave (I) is right and goes into detail and history of why am I right and the guy's advice is outdated based on motors and propellers from the 1970's. The guy backs off says its just a starting point, then say his argument isn't with the industry leader, but calls me out specifically for giving bad advice. I still have no idea what the pictures as he didn't answer that question, the industry leader didn't know either. Whatever Ignore.

When I was on my Syclone/Typhoon FS ad group. Someone posts a set of Corvette wheels but list the wrong generation. I make a simple post stating it is different generation. The seller responds yeah your right, for some odd reason I had in my head wrong. I will edit it. One would think that would be the end of that. Another person calls me out by name That is what he wrote already, You blind? I respond The seller edited the post, did you read his response me? Don't be so quick to call someone out. His response, I am just calling like I see it, deal with it.

WTF is wrong with people? What happened to some common courtesy? I find myself constantly 'biting my lip'. I try not to get involve and I follow my one response rule to give someone a chance, maybe I just need to readjust that rule to don't bother. I got off the Syclone-Typhoon Facebook pages because its dominated by dozen members who seemingly live on FB and are constantly giving bad advice. I am having a hard to finding places to have reasonable discussions about topics that interest me, because they all are seemingly on Facebook.