LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I have the fogs as well waiting for paint! Not in a hurry cause im loving the fogless look! But STI and Legacy bumper split in half, then welded back together

Thanks VH for the details!

My bumper could use a respray from stone chips...hmmm!

I have the fogs as well waiting for paint! Not in a hurry cause im loving the fogless look! But STI and Legacy bumper split in half, then welded back together

Something I'd love to see done is keeping the fog covers, but fabricating an electronic piston that opens them when the fogs get turned on. Best of both worlds! Or you could just get a mounting bar for the front lol

- Keeping with the thread... I cringed a lot hearing the front right control arm bounce around due to bad bushings. :rolleyes:

Pressed in my offset bushings today, hoping for install next week! Debating on getting new end links and ball joints before proceeding. I kind of want to eliminate the lca bushing as the culprit of the front end noise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Pressed in my offset bushings today, hoping for install next week! Debating on getting new end links and ball joints before proceeding. I kind of want to eliminate the lca bushing as the culprit of the front end noise.

If you replace all 3 at the same time how can you eliminate 1 as the culprit. Process of elimination entails 1 variable at a time.

That was why I was hesitant to change all the parts at the same time, the ball joints are the least of my worries, lol. I don't know about the endlinks but I am sure they are in need of attention. That settles it I will change just the lower control arm with new bushings then go from there.

Honestly I would know just pulling out of my driveway, lol. It is that bad now.

Well he will eliminate the suspension as the culprit :p

It's definitely the suspension, it is just pinpointing the part that is responsible. If I can get these in next Tuesday I will report back, but most likely it will be Friday or so.

Re-installed my Nameless 5" axlebacks last night. Took me only about 20 minutes with my buddy doing one and me the other, and we were definitely farting around. Really happy to have the noise back, and the single-wall tips still look pretty decent. If anything, makes the ends look bigger overall.

Also changed out the seals on my front left caliper cause they were friiiiiiied from my track day I'm sure. Still has not quelled my g*ddamn squeal, but I don't hear the brakes dragging anymore on release of the pedal, so that's good. Also just piece of mind of having new seals on there too. Still have seals left from the kit to do the right side as well.

W8WvVlA.png

I just got done installing an AEM 50-1215 fuel pump. You may notice that's not the same part number as others have used. 50-1200 is the correct part for our cars. I ordered the wrong one, but decided to see if it would work. It does, I only had to remove two plastic clips so that it would clear. Once I did that it's the same length as OEM so it snapped right in.

Drove to the gas station and filled up, everything seems to work perfectly. I can kind of hear the pump on startup. If that gets to bother me, I may stuff a foam pad down between the tank and the panel.

Installed the new woofers in the front doors. Forgot to take more pictures, but I'll take some more soon. Some small vibration from the door cards that I'm going to have to take care.

http://i.imgur.com/jZ7BPlt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9zdrAP0.jpg

Had popping on the front passenger side. Seemed like an inner tie rod was gone. So I got an inner and outer tie rods and today I took them off.

As it turns out, the outer tie rod had a small tear in it also. Unfortunately, as I took the inner boot off, I noticed it was wet inside (we had a ton of rain over last week). So I put it all back together temporarily (with new parts and no boot) until I can get the boot (should be Tuesday) so the car will be parked for a few days. Annoyed that nobody stocks these parts but that's a problem with being a Subaru owner in DFW, I guess...

y4mx7YjSQG6Bzrrlq92lvvIj_pU3h0yt3JtECFmz2L8aSFHe63HRlANfYILlW05CbePKjGE2m-t76bGgjm7sjt3HYGDR3NMrrWUaXMAyRMIjcovbfttADb1y8ZVF4omd7xuW_0lZ5Vgl7hlKz4gbmhBzMhFq88va77z26CWpiLZQ0Du7qyW_St055XFKFIwaD2gpw6Hb2f-u_qs01wRhihl5Q?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none

Installed the new woofers in the front doors. Forgot to take more pictures, but I'll take some more soon. Some small vibration from the door cards that I'm going to have to take care.

Let me know when you figure it out. I'm looking to do some dynamat here in the near future and I wanna resolve the rattles. One of them that started recently is coming from the window switches. I can't tell if it's the whole switch assembly or just the switches themselves.

I had a rattle going on for a week, turned out to be my girlfriend left a pen in the door handle pocket on the passenger side :rolleyes:

^those remind me of KEF mids we put in a friend's Sentra 20 years ago.

How is the rest of the system coming along, when are you putting in the sub?

I haven't settled on a sub yet. Just going to work on getting the front speakers and doors done first. Maybe in a week or two I'll decide on a sub. Besides the obvious increase in volume, I need to get everything set up correctly crossover points, levels , ect.

Let me know when you figure it out. I'm looking to do some dynamat here in the near future and I wanna resolve the rattles. One of them that started recently is coming from the window switches. I can't tell if it's the whole switch assembly or just the switches themselves.

I had a rattle going on for a week, turned out to be my girlfriend left a pen in the door handle pocket on the passenger side :rolleyes:

Probably the assembly. The area I notice is between the switches and the woofer. There is very little inner door skin so it's not as simple as it could be to tame vibrations.

I bet she did that just to mess with you. She probably enjoyed watching you search for that rattle. At least thats something my wife would do. :lol:

The switches are spring loaded I doubt its that. I would say the switch assembly too.

Or it could be the harness?

I haven't settled on a sub yet. Just going to work on getting the front speakers and doors done first. Maybe in a week or two I'll decide on a sub. Besides the obvious increase in volume, I need to get everything set up correctly crossover points, levels , ect.

Looking forward to seeing what you go with! I am getting old and less tolerant of how much space a sub takes up so I want to see what everyone else is going with.

Oh, and where did you put your amp?

Looking forward to seeing what you go with! I am getting old and less tolerant of how much space a sub takes up so I want to see what everyone else is going with.

Oh, and where did you put your amp?

Going on 42 myself so I understand about the trunk space. I don't normally have anything in the trunk, but I don't want my stereo deciding what I can do with my trunk.

I put the new (to me) amp in the factory location. It's not bolted down, but it's not going anywhere. I used the factory mounting for my amp ground. Used a little rotary tool to clean off the metal of paint for a solid ground. I ended up taping into the factory harness at the amp to distribute the power to the factory locations. Subaru uses 16awg wire and that's plenty for the power levels I'm using. I'll make a dedicated run for the new sub when I get one.

Installed "new" lower control arms with the super pro offset bushings. Tip: with the arm as straight as possible loosely install the rear bushing first, then swing the arm into place and connect everything else.

Order I used: rear bushing->sway bar link->front bushing->ball joint.

If anyone is interested in the old arms I'll send them off super cheap.

6b3c7b26adea9c20b66f25a7749b143c.jpg7e5e970760972d32cffb6aee5dcb2e29.jpg

9c88c2cc8273e42131e80bb967b3f2cd.jpga1ca3bd03c79d20e1328e41d7acb8133.jpg

Edited by FLlegacy