LegacyGT.com

Cobb finishing work on the AP for the 2.4T Ascent

• 1 year later...
Still waiting...I’m in the market for something but a used A6 and 540 with there 3.0 six turbos are just as expensive as a new XT. Might have to come back with a new Legacy but really hoping that Cobb puts out a stage 1 map for the FA24 motor for the turbo legacy so I can decide on what to do...missing my fifth gen

They keep telling me it is coming so I have hope anyway. Would love to try it on TXT. Numbers on the Ascent look good. Stage 1 is fine. Not sure what the final numbers will be but looking forward to giving it a try. Hopefully perhaps tighten up the motor/CVT "relationship" a bit... Thanks for the post

Stage1 93 Oct.

Peak Gains: +8% HP / +14% TQ

Max Gains: +21% HP at 4400 RPM / +21% TQ at 3800 RPM

Stage1 87+ Oct.

Peak Gains: +5% HP / +3% TQ

Max Gains: +9% HP at 4400 RPM / +9% TQ at 3800 RPM

So on a 87+ tune that is 23.4 or about 284 total. 93 tune is more like it (over 300hp) but I'm not going there. If it improves the driving experience, comes with multiple maps I'm in. But first, let's see if it comes out. Thank you for the post and time you put into that....

Edited by Ronin3.6R

I agree. Already sort of a shame to have a FA24 on a CVT but by design it's a mom and pop car. Hopefully they release. I was in touch just last week and was told it's a go but we won't know till it's actually out. I have not heard of the Ascent issue but it does not surprise me I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess selling my mint stage 1 2010 LGT was a huge mistake...damn this cvt trans seems to be the issue...could we do a manual transmission swap from a salvaged FA24 sti or something?

If not I might seriously have to consider a manual FA20 WRX...

A manual swap would take too much work. It would be better to just get a wrx.

• 3 months later...
They keep telling me it is coming so I have hope anyway. Would love to try it on TXT. Numbers on the Ascent look good. Stage 1 is fine. Not sure what the final numbers will be but looking forward to giving it a try. Hopefully perhaps tighten up the motor/CVT "relationship" a bit... Thanks for the post

Stage1 93 Oct.

Peak Gains: +8% HP / +14% TQ

Max Gains: +21% HP at 4400 RPM / +21% TQ at 3800 RPM

Stage1 87+ Oct.

Peak Gains: +5% HP / +3% TQ

Max Gains: +9% HP at 4400 RPM / +9% TQ at 3800 RPM

So on a 87+ tune that is 23.4 or about 284 total. 93 tune is more like it (over 300hp) but I'm not going there. If it improves the driving experience, comes with multiple maps I'm in. But first, let's see if it comes out. Thank you for the post and time you put into that....

Have you heard anything more or any recent developments on a Cobb accessport for the TXT? Wonder what the likelihood of one is?!?

Ugh that’s disappointing....I’m literally not even going to test drive the car because of the CVT. Might have to look into something else this blows....
If mine were destroyed tomorrow, I'd get a new Jetta GLI or possibly a good used Golf R. So much more upgrade options vs the Legacy where there is literally almost nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk