LegacyGT.com

Remote start magic

Hi guys. I have 2016 base model, and I have a base key without any remote start button.

However, a few weeks ago I was showing my wife for to lock and unlock the car (engine was off, car was locked) and somehow after a certain combination the car just started.

I was unable to recreate this and can't find any information about it.

Any ideas what to press?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
... do I need to purchase the remote start from Subaru?

Yes. Remote Start is an optional accessory; it's not standard equipment at any trim level.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

There is a black box on a piece of metal up and to the left of the brake that’s the remote start module I believe most likely it was installed in yours but they misplaced the paperwork and key so looks like you got the upgrade for free.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Tried again pressing every button in a random sequence and the car started... Again have no idea what I did. I'll keep testing.

Remote start using the regular fob, if it's the OEM remote starter, is press the lock button three times, then hold it the third time until it starts.

• 2 weeks later...
Tried again pressing every button in a random sequence and the car started... Again have no idea what I did. I'll keep testing.

If “lock, lock, lock” doesn’t work it more then likely will be “lock, unlock, lock” that’s usually how we program them in my shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remote start using the regular fob, if it's the OEM remote starter, is press the lock button three times, then hold it the third time until it starts.

This was how my Legacy factory remote start worked.

lock, lock, hold lock and it will start.