LegacyGT.com

05 legacy running rich bank 1, falls on its face

Well I just got the car from a marine out in Yuma, the car was from the east coast, doesn't seem to rusted out on the bottom side,

But I drove the car from Lubbock, Tx to Dallas and was having some backfire. Once I got to Dallas 6 hours later got a TGV bank 1 closed code

Cleared that with my AP V2, Then had had p0021 code bank 1 running rich, lots of back fire,

So far Ive cleaned my MAF sensor, cleaned my throttle boot sleeve from TMIC to throttle body, found quite a bit of oil residue in there will try and post more pictures after work today. NOOBIE to the turbo EJ platforms,

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just had this same issue on my '09, it was a pressure switch for the VVL solenoid on the driver's side bank. Bout $3 from Rockauto. I replaced both switches. They're installed in an upright position, the one on the driver's side bank is right in front and gets wet if you're driving in rain. Over time they corrode internally and then the switch fails to make. When this happens the PCM assumes that the VVL solenoid is not working on that bank or there's some problem with the oil circuit and defaults to a limp mode of sorts - won't allow WOT, etc. It's ridiculous. You can clear that code and drive the car conservatively and it won't return again until you call for enough power to activate the VVL.

If you opt to fix that intercooler definitely boost-leak and/or smoke test when done with the repair. I chose to jb weld and build my own bulletproof kit from Home Depot parts.. has been holding up being hit with as high as 20+ psi.

If you opt to fix that intercooler definitely boost-leak and/or smoke test when done with the repair. I chose to jb weld and build my own bulletproof kit from Home Depot parts.. has been holding up being hit with as high as 20+ psi.
Any other mods you have? I will have to read up on those test, still a noobie to the boosted EJ platforms, I have a bugeye N/A 251

Any other mods you have? I will have to read up on those test, still a noobie to the boosted EJ platforms, I have a bugeye N/A 251

Ej257, evo III 16g, ID 1050x top feed inj., parallel fueling, stock airbox and inlet. Dyno tuned via AP.

5eat so its not tuned to its potential. It was tuned for 17psi but... At WOT I usually see anywhere from 19-21 psi. I don’t experience any knock correction so I’m not too concerned as long as intercooler holds. I also don’t go WOT that often because it has plenty of power and because 5eat. I do plan to install the transgo shift kit soon to give me a little peace of mind at least.

Should you decide to do the testing yourself be very careful to follow instructions (plenty of them online). Smoke test and boost leak test can push out seals. Always do both tests with the oil filler cap off.

Just had this same issue on my '09, it was a pressure switch for the VVL solenoid on the driver's side bank. Bout $3 from Rockauto. I replaced both switches. They're installed in an upright position, the one on the driver's side bank is right in front and gets wet if you're driving in rain. Over time they corrode internally and then the switch fails to make. When this happens the PCM assumes that the VVL solenoid is not working on that bank or there's some problem with the oil circuit and defaults to a limp mode of sorts - won't allow WOT, etc. It's ridiculous. You can clear that code and drive the car conservatively and it won't return again until you call for enough power to activate the VVL.
Happen to have that parts code? Might try that